Windows 10: Start button and action center button lose functionality

Discus and support Start button and action center button lose functionality in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rzn6jw, Dec 10, 2015.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Start button and action center button lose functionality

We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally.

Ever since, even after a couple of normal restarts, every so often the Start button and Action center notification button lose all functionality (left mouse click does absolutely nothing/right click brings up limited menu).

I finished a 'SFC /SCANNOW' option which said that it found some corrupted files and repaired them but I'm wondering if it actually fixed the issue since I figure that a corrupt file would prevent an action all the time, not sporadic.

Anyone heard of this?

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention I'm running Win 10 Pro 64-bit. I have done an upgrade and not a clean install because I have a lot of programs installed and don't want to re-install all of them. But this issue has just happened.

:)

rzn6jw, Dec 10, 2015

2. start button and action center button is not working.my text styli is also change.please help me

I don't know how it happen. my all desktop icon are removed including wallpaper. somehow i am able to get it back .But after this the start button and action center is not working. please help me

Abhishek kumar 24122001, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    start button and action center button is not working.my text styli is also change.please help me

Hi,

To better assist you with this, provide the following information:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • Are you receiving error messages when trying to access the action center?

Also, provide a screenshot so we can assess the issue better.

Regards.

Jorge Tan, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

Start button and action center button lose functionality

1. Start button and action center button lose functionality - Similar Threads - Start button action

2. Action center frozen on clicking any button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center frozen on clicking any button: My action centre got frozen and it won't open if closed in 22H2 Windows 11 Windows Insider Preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-frozen-on-clicking-any-button/94703b19-59a5-472c-9604-159256ea15e2
  3. Action center frozen on clicking any button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center frozen on clicking any button: My action centre got frozen and it won't open if closed in 22H2 Windows 11 Windows Insider Preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-frozen-on-clicking-any-button/94703b19-59a5-472c-9604-159256ea15e2
  4. start actions button doesn't work

start actions button doesn't work: hi ,Today I downloaded a virus.windows defender updated me that.I want to press the start actions button but it doesn't workNEED HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-actions-button-doesnt-work/9b98358e-4b44-46b6-b1ab-94ae77979620
  5. Start Action Button is not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start Action Button is not Working: Start Action Button is not Working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/start-action-button-is-not-working/878df6cf-5e4f-4f52-bf4a-dd610736037a
  6. start ,taskbar , and action center button greyed

in Windows 10 Customization
    start ,taskbar , and action center button greyed: so i want to change taskbar color to custom but the button start, taskbar, and action center is greyed out and i cannot press it. can someone help me make it functionable?...
  7. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  8. Removing button from the Action Center area

Removing button from the Action Center area: Let's say I used the following command to uninstall OneNote from Windows 10 Pro machine Code: Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] It did what it was supposed to do and successfully uninstalled OneNote. However, I notice that the "Note" button still...
  9. No button for bluetooth in action center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No button for bluetooth in action center: Hello, I am brand new to Windows 10 Pro--have had it for just about a week on a Dell Optiplex. The documentation states that to turn on bluetooth, there should be a button in the action center on the bottom left corner of the taskbar. I don't have this button--grayed...
  10. Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center): I know many people are having this issue. I updated from Windows 7. I restarted my computer after everything running fine this Saturday morning, and now the Start Button, Cortana, Search, and Action Center are unresponsive when clicked. I've tried a lot of the fixes I've read...