Windows 10: Start Button, Cortana are not working as well as 0xlx error is shown whenever tried to Open...

Discus and support Start Button, Cortana are not working as well as 0xlx error is shown whenever tried to Open... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently In my Windows 10, Start button as well as Cortana are not working. An error with code 0xlx is shown whenever I try to open any media via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arindam Pal_10, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Start Button, Cortana are not working as well as 0xlx error is shown whenever tried to Open...

Recently In my Windows 10, Start button as well as Cortana are not working.

An error with code 0xlx is shown whenever I try to open any media via Windows Application.

Please help me solve it.

Also, an error was encountered in the process of installing an Insider Update for Windows.

:)

Arindam Pal_10, Jul 19, 2018
  2. NMskies Win User

Error 0xlx when opening .jpg file

I am trying to open .jpg (downloaded from an email) and getting the following message:

Application error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xlx). Click OK to close the application.

I cannot open .jpg files.

I am using IE10 and Windows 10.

How to remedy?

Original Title:Application Error 0xlx

NMskies, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Crozz C Win User
    Windows Start button, Cortana, Notification Center, image viewer, etc didn't work

Hi Rose,

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?

No, I didn't do anything after restarting my PC and updating windows (which when restarting my PC showing "getting windows ready") the start button and several features cant be used

• Did you get any error messages when you tried to open your Start menu and Cortana?

No, I even can't click at start button, but when open image, the image viewer show "The app didn't start" error message

I also already tried what written the troubleshooter article and your suggestion to create a new local administrator account but it also didn't work. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Crozz C, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Tilghman Win User

Start Button, Cortana are not working as well as 0xlx error is shown whenever tried to Open...

Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Start Button, Cortana are not working as well as 0xlx error is shown whenever tried to Open...

1. Start Button, Cortana are not working as well as 0xlx error is shown whenever tried to Open... - Similar Threads - Start Button Cortana

2. start button and Cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button and Cortana are not working: I was receiving a message as my window's license will expire soon so I ask to the technical support Microsoft about it they said it because I have a old version so they take remote control of my pc an install a new version as they said I didn't know but the look it's very old...
  3. Cortana will not open apps and is not working well

in Cortana
    Cortana will not open apps and is not working well: Hi , I recently found that Cortana stopped working as expected. For instance, when I ask for an app to be opened e.g. "open excel" then she does a search for "open Excel". In the past she would open the app. I have reset the app, signed in again but to no avail. She also...
  4. Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Start Button, Cortana and Search Bar not working: For a few days, I have been unable to use the start button, Cortana, and search bar. Also, windows applications like groove music, photos, videos, etc, are not working. I tried different tricks but none of them seem to work. I tried SFC scan, dism, and some more things from...
  5. Whenever,I click start button ,it opens very late.

Whenever,I click start button ,it opens very late.: Whenever, I click start button ,it opens very late. But when I restart my laptop , it starts running smoothly .But again after 2 to 3 days it becomes slow. what should I do? please help!...
  6. Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working

Start Button, Cortana and powershell nnot working: Hello, my start button, cortana and powershell are not working, I have tried several manipulations here and there but the problem persists, help please...
  7. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  8. Items shown by Start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Items shown by Start button: When I click the Start icon (bottom left) I get a vertical list containing the on/off, settings,and file manager. I am told that I could add Documents and Pictures to this list but I just don't know the right words to use to search for a way to make this happen. Can anyone...
  9. Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not opening/not working when pressing the mic button: I have a problem with Cortana not opening after pressing the mic button on the taskbar and "Hey Cortana" does not work also. This is a clean install of windows 10 on a Lenovo laptop, I had no problems with Cortana before. If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate...
  10. Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center): I know many people are having this issue. I updated from Windows 7. I restarted my computer after everything running fine this Saturday morning, and now the Start Button, Cortana, Search, and Action Center are unresponsive when clicked. I've tried a lot of the fixes I've read...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application error 0xlx