Windows 10: Start Button...Is it possible to change?

Discus and support Start Button...Is it possible to change? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've changed my start orb on Win7 using "Windows 7 Start Button Changer v2.0", but, repeated google searches yield no results that end in success for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dnasystems, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Start Button...Is it possible to change?

I've changed my start orb on Win7 using "Windows 7 Start Button Changer v2.0", but, repeated google searches yield no results that end in success for changing the Win10 start button. Has anyone had any luck?...or, for that matter, even tried? Thanks for any input.

Guess I should clarify...I know Stat10 re-skins the start button but I'd prefer a stand alone method that simply changes the start button without adding any other tweaks.

:)

dnasystems, Sep 9, 2015
  2. Ernie San Win User

Is it possible to change windows 10 start button icon

Hello Selu,

To address your inquiry, we'd like to confirm if you are referring to the start button icon on the screenshot below.

Start Button...Is it possible to change? [​IMG]

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Selu Hadu Win User
    Is it possible to change windows 10 start button icon

i want to change my windows 10 stat button icon.

Selu Hadu, Sep 9, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Start Button...Is it possible to change?

dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 9, 2015
  6. Snakeyes Win User
    You can do it using Start10. (From Stardock)

Snakeyes, Sep 11, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I for one, would like to change it without using a third party start menu. The one that comes with 10 is excellent. IMO

BunnyJ, Sep 11, 2015
  8. Start Button...Is it possible to change?

I wound up using Start10, but I only used it just for the start button and task bar transparency. I kept the Win10 default start menu. I didn't want to change the start menu either, so I was pleased when I noticed that the option to keep your default 10 menu was there. Plus, I was able to lighten my task bar with it... Win, Win for me...until I find something a little more direct.

dnasystems, Sep 11, 2015
  9. mykou Win User
    as told you may use start 10 but I franckly prefer startisback++ ( windows 10 compatible ) and allows you to download or amanually add new start buttons skins

and it is cheaper thant stardock one ...

it allows you full taskbar transparency too .

StartIsBack: real start menu for Windows 8 and Windows 10

mykou, Sep 11, 2015
  10. altae Win User
    Classic Shell let's you do the same (for free). And you can configure it to bring up the native start menu when left clicking on the start button.

altae, Sep 13, 2015
  11. djmeznyc Win User
    check out this start button on a custom windows 10 from the show HOMELAND on Showtime. It can be done

djmeznyc, Mar 26, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    Who knows whether that was really running Windows- or was just a mock-up? Maybe they even wanted to avoid showing the windows logo in any form for copyright reasons!

Or it could have been Windows with Stardock's WindowBlinds... or...

dalchina, Mar 26, 2017
  13. JohnBurns Win User

Here's my start button with Classic Shell - I like the word start in addition to the icon. *Smile

JohnBurns, Mar 26, 2017
  14. Aakshat Win User
    It could be possible with a custom theme. I am using a custom theme named Paper by neiio. and the theme applies its own start orb (no custom start menu), so if i am not wrong, startorb can be changed via an registry value.

Aakshat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Button...Is it possible to change? - Similar Threads - Start Button possible

2. start button changes in W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button changes in W11: Before Windows 11, the start button was at the lower left corner. Very comfortable. I can’t seem to move it back there. Is it possible?Also in the past, I was able to click the start button, move up to shut down and that was all. Now, I have to click on start, move to a...
  3. start button changes in W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button changes in W11: Before Windows 11, the start button was at the lower left corner. Very comfortable. I can’t seem to move it back there. Is it possible?Also in the past, I was able to click the start button, move up to shut down and that was all. Now, I have to click on start, move to a...
  4. Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?: Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button, so that it shows all Apps in alphabetic order, as in W10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-settings-of-w11-start/55e99834-1418-4ff0-af2d-11e44c4b19de
  5. Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button?: Is it possible to change settings of W11 Start button, so that it shows all Apps in alphabetic order, as in W10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-change-settings-of-w11-start/55e99834-1418-4ff0-af2d-11e44c4b19de
  6. Is it possible to center windows start button?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to center windows start button?: I want to make the system as similar as possible to Windows 10X, and I have even centered the icons in the taskbar, but I am haunted by the start button, which is not taken by any program which i found. I saw that some mega ancient version of Falcon10 has such an opportunity,...
  7. Is it possible to change color of those buttons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change color of those buttons?: My theme accent color is light blue, yet those buttons are light red/purple. If I select png file then button is green, for selected zips color is pink. Is it possible to change them to light blue or some bluish variation? https://imgur.com/a/VLPkMfp submitted by...
  8. Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Pinned-to-Start Icons (Is it Possible?): I was updating some of my programs and figured I'd get a different frontend for my pcsx2 emulator than PCSX2Bonus, so I downloaded spectabis and pinned it to start, then I saw it had a cool looking tile, which leads to my question: Is there a program out there that will let...
  9. Is it Possible to Move the Start Button to the Middle of the taskbak?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Possible to Move the Start Button to the Middle of the taskbak?: Is it possible to move the start button to NOT be in the corner? I'd prefer if it was in the middle of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/is-it-possible-to-move-the-start-button-to-the/9ca17905-f2cc-4df0-a9c3-327adc2083d5
  10. It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?

in Windows 10 Support
    It is possible to change Taskbar buttons text font?: Hi, Is it posible to change this taskbar buttons text font to tahoma without antialiasing? [img] Like this? (external program) [img] Thanks 40062