Windows 10: Start button restarts Windows 10.

Discus and support Start button restarts Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is happening is, whenever I click start, messages, cortana, or dropdown menu in edge, my computer restarts. It does not do this in safe mode. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WMR2, Aug 27, 2018.

1. WMR2 Win User

Start button restarts Windows 10.

What is happening is, whenever I click start, messages, cortana, or dropdown menu in edge, my computer restarts. It does not do this in safe mode. I have don fresh or refresh start up with ms config. I have used powershell, I have used sfc scannow, I have reset the computer. Nothing works.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2018
  3. My Start Button is present, but has changed color.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that start button and apps color changed also you are unable to access Windows Defender.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and see if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows update.
    • select check for updates and install all the pending updates.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Start button restarts Windows 10.

my window 10 start button is not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you as start button not working after upgrade to Windows 10.
    This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

Command Prompt (Admin).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope it helps. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Start button restarts Windows 10.

1. Start button restarts Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Start button restarts

2. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  3. Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button and notifications button not working: Hello,In last 2 months I have a strange problem with 4 different computers, where start and notification button stop working. All for computers have common this things:- Domain computer- Windows 10 21H2- Office 2021 Home and Business-...
  4. Windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 start button: Today when I click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner, the word start shows but nothing happens. When I right click on this icon which normally brings up a menu, nothing happens. Several of my programs PC Link when I click on the icon to run the program I get an...
  5. Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.: As my title says, when I press the sleep button or when the timer to put my computer to sleep runs out the computer goes to sleep but immediately wakes up with a black screen and the windows logo with the dotted loading circle. It appears the computer restarts but at no point...
  6. Windows 10 Start Button

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Start Button: If I attempt to search something in the start menu it freezes and crashes. Windows 10 64 bit iBUYPOWER Trace940 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button/232d4858-4272-4f7f-87cd-ee1d10bdad99"
  7. start button on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button on windows 10: where is the start on windows 10, I need to put a printer icon on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-on-windows-10/e7bd8f54-7c27-4122-b612-a0529878161f
  8. WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON: Wandering what this watermark on my windows button is all about?[ATTACH] Is it a virus or what??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button/06f40761-2796-47c3-8119-1d399db71e24
  9. Windows 10 start button fails, search fails restart fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button fails, search fails restart fails: Not cause by virus .. this just started today. I tried a restore point of yesterday .. nothing. I have tried several suggestions from the web but nothing seems to do it? I know it would be better if i could name them but can't remember the exact commands .. will look for the...
  10. Windows 10 start button!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button!: I am having an issue with the windows 10 laptop when I click on the start menu I get this, How can I fix it where I get the normal start menu? [img] 80893