Windows 10: Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work

Discus and support Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Right now, and for no apparent reason, when I click on the task bar on the start menu, the search function or the date/time, nothing happens....... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elTopo, Oct 1, 2015.

1. elTopo Win User

Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work

Right now, and for no apparent reason, when I click on the task bar on the start menu, the search function or the date/time, nothing happens....

This first appeared during a background Windows update (I realized later, during reboot, that Windows was updating. I was in a hurry for something I was doing on the Web and had to wait endlessly for Windows to be done with updating... Call me crazy, I've always thought that my PC should at least ask for permission, for proceeding with such things...)

*Sad

Trully, I have nothing but issues, from day 1. My co-worker re-installed W7 immediately, after he played a little with W10 (and realized, among other things, W10 would not work with his printer) but I thought, I'll insist. And all I'm doing these days, is insisting...

:)

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015

2. Taskbar not working in Windows 10

Original Title: taskbar not working

i cant the date and other stuff to the buttom right corner. none of my aps are there exept start and search-button none of them works.

haraldhetland bø, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    My time and date box on the taskbar is empty, not showing anything

Thanks for the follow up, Serdar. We're glad to know that your concern was resolved. Should you have any future queries or concerns, please feel free to post here in the Community and we are more than glad to help you out.

Best regards.

Maria Fab, Oct 1, 2015
  4. elTopo Win User

( I'm following some troubleshooting I found on the Web, right now )

elTopo, Oct 1, 2015
  5. elTopo Win User
    So, following some troubleshooting, I run sfc /scannow in the powershell and I get the msg:
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.

So I try to visit CBS but I don't have access and apparently now I have to dig into the security options and try to gain access to the folder... (and all this to see some log that apparently won't tell me anything much..)

I have a dream.. That some day operating systems won't suck this badly.

elTopo, Oct 2, 2015
  6. elTopo Win User
    I have followed all the troubleshooting found on this page but nothing helped. So, eventually I had to drop W10 and re-install Windows 7. At work, I'll keep insisting.

To my feeling this W10 looks like a beta version. Maybe it's gonna be kind of alright after SP1 or SP2 comes out.

elTopo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work - Similar Threads - Start button search

2. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  3. Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, Search, and other Taskbar Buttons Stopped Working: Hello,A couple of months ago, the start button on my desktop stopped working. Search, whether it be from the taskbar or file explorer, doesn't work either. Same thing with the icons at the right end of the taskbar clock, notifications, speaker volume. Clicking on them does...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  8. Taskbar/small buttons keeps date in time

Taskbar/small buttons keeps date in time: According to other devices if small buttons are set for taskbar, date is omitted in calendar system tray component. [ATTACH] What is the problem here?...
  9. Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.

Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.: It's a Lenovo PC-All in one. The Monitor has all the other Hardware (HDD, M/B, RAM, Speakers, Camera, etc.) Pentuim CPU G645 2.9 + 2.9 Ghz. The config seems pretty decent. I joined the company recently and the Start Menu Button or the Button on the Keyboard do not open the...
  10. Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work: For some reason both my main Windows button and Search buttons don't work. Other buttons on the Task Bar work as usual. Right click on either button gives a white-on-black context menu. Anyone have a suggestion, please? 64872