Windows 10: Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

Discus and support Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have slowly been fixing the issues I have run into with the Windows 10 upgrade, but I have one issue that continues to persist. The Metro text and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by My Spot, Aug 23, 2015.

1. My Spot Win User

Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

I have slowly been fixing the issues I have run into with the Windows 10 upgrade, but I have one issue that continues to persist. The Metro text and icons in the Start Menu, Cortana, Notifications, etc become corrupt.

Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons [​IMG]

(Just starting to become corrupt)

(Cortana gone bad!)

It takes a little time (few hours) but eventually they become corrupt and continue to worsen if I let them go. My temporary fix is a reboot or restarting Windows Explorer from the task manager. An update of my graphics drivers seemed to slightly improve the issue (maybe takes longer before they get scrambled). Context menus are not affected...

Any suggestions?

Frank

:)

My Spot, Aug 23, 2015

2. Cortana will not sync or display android text notifications unless I manually go to cortana (PC) and click on reminders. BUILD 1607

Today for example, my computer was asleep. I turned on my computer, notification center pops up with a bunch of the text messages from earlier today that I had read already.. I had my friend send me a few texts, watched the notification area for over 5 minutes
    and no notifications. I then navigate to cortana via the start button, click on reminders and bam, the dots start to move back and forth showing me its syncing and then viola, the texts I have been waiting for pop up in the notification center.

It seems that cortana is only syncing texts when manually refreshed or when the computer wakes up or starts up.

Jonathan Beecroft, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Cortana will not sync or display android text notifications unless I manually go to cortana (PC) and click on reminders. BUILD 1607

TEXT messages from my android phone to windows 10 cortana WILL NOT sync UNLESS I go to cortana on my PC and click on reminders, I see the progress dots at the top moving, then I get my text message notification. I can send texts back and forth from windows
    10 to android phone. But no matter what I can not get text notifications to pop up with out manually clicking reminders to refresh.

I have manually uninstalled all windows 10 apps and reinstalled via the store. The texts notifications only pop up when I go to cortana via the start button then click on reminders.

Thank you for your time!!

Jonathan Beecroft, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

hTconeM9user, Aug 23, 2015
  5. My Spot Win User
    My Spot, Aug 23, 2015
  6. cachry Win User
    Am also getting garbled text after awhile. Rebooting fixes it . . . temporarily. I installed the latest graphics driver from AMD but that hasn't made a difference, and 3D settings are either off or standard. See below:

cachry, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

1. Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons - Similar Threads - Start Cortana Notifications

2. Corrupt Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Text: Hey, my friend was having issues with some of the text on his windows 10 laptop looking corrupt and nothing resembling letters, i managed to fix it by having him update his computer and restart it, but I'm still curious to what it actually is and how it happens, any...
  3. Cortana Notifications Text Issues in Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana Notifications Text Issues in Action Center: After the Windows 10 1903 update, the font color of the text has been hard to see in dark mode. I can change the accent color to something lighter, but it's still hard to see. Any suggestions? [ATTACH]...
  4. Corrupted Text?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted Text?: Text in certain browsers (whether it be for the internet, such as Google Chrome, or in game browsers like Battlenet) are glitching out for me. I can't understand why this is happening, if it's a part for my pc or something else. Can anyone give ideas why this is happening? I...
  5. corrupt / default icons on start page

in Windows 10 Support
    corrupt / default icons on start page: i can only see icons if the apps are on an internal drive. apps that are on an external drive i don't see the correct icons. they all look the same and i have to resize them from small to medium so i see the app's title. i'm running the latest Windows 10 build.. v1809...
  6. cortana and start icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana and start icon: I can't get the start icon and cortana to search for me. If I left click on the start icon nothing happens. If I right click I get a black box with choices, but I can't get apps and features to come up. I can't get anything to type in the cortana search box....
  7. Corrupted Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Cortana: I discovered recently that Cortana had been corrupted on one of my systems. There was no “search” function, or anything else. I tried everything I could find on line to fix it, but no joy. As a last resort I re-installed Windows 10 (latest download). While that solved the...
  8. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...
  9. Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start/Notification/Cortana/Search Stop Working: Hi All, I've got a system here which is acting up and I'm looking for ideas of how to resolve. Specs are: Windows 10 Home (upgraded from W8.1) i7-3632 8GB RAM 64bit Inspiron 17R5720 laptop Here's the problem: Everything works fine upon boot, but then, something...
  10. Start, Cortana and notifications don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana and notifications don't work: When I click on start the start menu doesn't come up and notifications like reminders don't work any more. I don't get reminded of the set reminders. Also, when I click on the notifications button the notifications menu doesn't come up. Cortana, also, won't come up when I...