Windows 10: Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower?

Discus and support Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower. We used, sfc/scannow a bunch of times with a restate each time but didn't help at all. We were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lostsoul65, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower?

Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower. We used, sfc/scannow a bunch of times with a restate each time but didn't help at all. We were thinking about uninstalling windows 10 back to Windows 7. The computer ran windows 10 for about 2 weeks just fine and then this happened. Can anyone help?

:)

lostsoul65, Nov 1, 2015
  2. SolarBurn Win User

Windows 10 PC not booting or shutting down correctly

So, I left it for a few weeks to try and get a bead on any obvious factors causing this as it's intermittent. Unfortunately, it seems random. I have followed the advice above, but out of the last ten times I have switched on the computer, 5 times it
    has worked as expected and 5 times it has powered on but no hard drive activity, so peripherals don't start up, like keyboard or monitor. If I then press reset button, those 5 times it has then started ok. ('Turnoff' is now fully functional)

SolarBurn, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update is stuck at 5%

Upon turning on my computer this morning, Windows 10 started installing an update. After a few minutes, it was at 5%. Now 12 hours later, it is still at 5%. I have a complete blue screen with the words "Working on updates 5% Don't turn off your PC. This
    will take a while. Your PC will restart several times." None of the keys work on the keyboard and I have no cursor. Can I just shut the computer off? Or will that make even more of a mess?

ElaineHuff, Nov 1, 2015
  4. stigus Win User

Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower?

If I understand you correctly, you are not alone.

Start menu button and search stopped opening/working Win 10

Black screen after login

Start Menu Not Opening - Windows 10 64 bits

Had this bullshit on every win 10 installation (1 upgrade first, then 3 clean installs) and every single one of them got nuked by this bug after around 2-3 weeks. It has something to do with user corruption afaik, and nothing I have tried fixed it at all. Seems like all we can do is wait for MS to fix, but there are some fixes you might try in those threads, hopefully they do more for you than they did for me. My final solution was going back to win 7, and everything is golden again for some weeks now. Good riddance to this OS until extreme bugs like this get fixed.

stigus, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower?

1. Start don't work, and Computer is 5 times slower? - Similar Threads - Start don't Computer

2. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  3. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer working slower than before: Hello, I'm having this problem for some time. When I turn off the computer, it's light on the on/off button always flickers. That's normal, but it started to flicker for like 3 minutes and It's harder to shut down the computer. Or my computer crashes and freezes for no...
  4. Computer working slower than before

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC running Windows 10 suddenly got 5 times slower.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC running Windows 10 suddenly got 5 times slower.: So one day i just booted up my pc like normal, then a startup program called cscript.exe ran up. i have no idea what that is but after it started up then automatically closed down i got suspicious so i ran a full virus scan. nothing was found. but after that my pc suddenly...
  6. PC Beeps 5 Times, Will Not Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Beeps 5 Times, Will Not Start: My Windows 10 HP Desktop will not start. It beeps 5 times and then the cooling fan runs at very high speed, my monitors remain blank. I cannot manually shut down the PC by depreesing and holding the power button, I must pull the power cord. Any clue as to what is happening...
  7. Start don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start don't work: If I right click the start I will get a menu but if I left click the start nothing happens. How can I fix this? 28393
  8. Boot time is getting slower and slower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time is getting slower and slower: I built my latest PC and upgraded the Windows 10 Home 32 bit to 64 bit back in December. I have 32GB RAM and have an I7 processor. My boot times continue to get slower and slower the past several months. I have googled solutions and tried many including booting into safe (no...
  9. Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button, search and date/time on the taskbar don't work: Right now, and for no apparent reason, when I click on the task bar on the start menu, the search function or the date/time, nothing happens.... This first appeared during a background Windows update (I realized later, during reboot, that Windows was updating. I was in a...
  10. start button don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    start button don't work: when i click on the start button, either right or left click, there is absolutelyno kind of response. i cannot get to the control panel, nor turn off the laptop, nor anything else. the stupid thing is only two months old what is wrong with it, other than it being windows...