Windows 10: Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Start folder name in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Many times I hear about the "start folder". But when I looked for it in my new computer I cannot find it. Does it have a different name? 50464 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blockie, May 15, 2016.

1. blockie Win User

Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

Many times I hear about the "start folder". But when I looked for it in my new computer I cannot find it. Does it have a different name?

:)

blockie, May 15, 2016
  2. spadella Win User

Microsoft account and default users' folder name

This issue may be related to Microsoft account and not just Windows 10:

During Windows 10 installation, when a user is created with a Microsoft account, the home folder name is defaulted to a certain value.

How one can change that folder name to different value, on Microsft Account, before installation?

Thanks

spadella, May 15, 2016
  3. Export photos

Select all the pictures in the folder. You can do this by pressing Ctrl + A or Click the Home tab > Select All (Windows 8/8.1/10),

Open your thumb drive then create a new folder and call it backup or a unique name. Open it then press Ctrl + V or Click Home tab > Paste (Windows 8/8.1/10),

Depending on the amount of data, this can take a while.

Andre Da Costa, May 15, 2016
  4. Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

If no items are in there, it might not have been created, copy/paste to Run:

%LocalAppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    %SystemDrive%\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

TairikuOkami, May 15, 2016
  5. blockie Win User
    I did that and got the attached error.

Bill
    Start folder name in Windows 10 Home [​IMG]

blockie, May 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    You should see a Startup or Start-up folder here:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\

This is visible in the conventional way using Classic Shell (free) - offering a very good traditional and configurable start menu.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

1. Start folder name in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Start folder name

2. How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a folder name starting with Dot in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11 as well as in recent versions of Windows 10, you can easily create a file or folder name starting with a dot (.). You now longer need to use the MKDIR command line! How to create a folder name starting with dot (.) in Windows To create a file or folder...
  3. Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name

in Cortana
    Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name: //Edited title I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. These folders themselves contain regular files and subdirectories....
  4. Windows search ignores folder names in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search ignores folder names in start menu: I know this was lost a while ago but I miss it. A lot of significant data may be in the folder name. Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 18 which contains "profiler". Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 17 which contains also contains a shortcut "profiler". For me, I want to...
  5. Long path names on Windows 10 Home.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long path names on Windows 10 Home.: Does Windows 10 Home support long path names? Simply changing the LongPathsEnabled to 1 and rebooting doesn't work. I need to work with long paths in Windows Word and I have Word 365....
  6. How to change User Folder Name in Windows 10 Home

How to change User Folder Name in Windows 10 Home: We are giving a laptop computer to my sister and just upgraded to Windows 10 Home for her. I was able to change the Computer Name, but I now need to know how to change the User Folder Name. Also....do I need to change the name for the Upgrade to Windows 10 to my sisters...
  7. Windows 10 folder names problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 folder names problem: Hi, how come the Windows folders are in English and not in Italian? I would like to understand how I can solve the problem, thanks! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-folder-names-problem/2344383e-2da4-4878-971e-f4dc73fdce82
  8. windows 10 start menu folder name "Unknown"

windows 10 start menu folder name "Unknown": After installing my application in windows 10, I found that the application was installed successfully in the folder C:\Users\myName\AppData\Local\myApp However, the folder name of my application is wrongly defined as "Unknown" instead of "myApp" in the start menu as...
  9. Home folder named Folders is this a bug?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Home folder named Folders is this a bug?: Hello! I have a notebook running Windows 10 Pro v1803 and I just noticed that the user files icon on the desktop reads "Folders" instead of "Sotiris" which is my user name. This is also what I see as a shortcut in Classic Start Menu instead of "Sotiris" it reads "Folders. If...
  10. Can't delete a folder named "start menu"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder named "start menu": I copied the (highly configured) start menu folder from an old computer to a new computer. After using this folder to help configure the new computer I want to delete it. Win10 won't let me.*Sad Is there a solution to this problem? 31620