Windows 10: Start List

Discus and support Start List in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I add a item to the start list it only appears in the panel list and not in the column list where I want it.Can anybody please help ?. 13680 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willden, Aug 6, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Start List

When I add a item to the start list it only appears in the panel list and not in the column list where I want it.Can anybody please help ?.

:)

willden, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Swan List Win User

wi-fi phone app

Thanks Mark, I will try and get back with results. Swan

Swan List, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Swan List Win User
    wi-fi phone app

Thank you, Jane Lla

Magicjack confirmed MagicApp VOIP software is for only Apple and Android.

They have no knowledge of other VOIPs .

I am now checking Microsoft. Since they have a Windows Mobile Phone they must have software for a windows tablet.

It's out there and I will try to find it.

Do you want to know the answer to this issue ?

Swan List, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Andi Win User

Start List

Pretty sure that's how it's meant to work.

Andi, Aug 6, 2015
  5. willden Win User
    If that is so,then can you move items from the panels on the right to the column on the left side?.

willden, Aug 6, 2015
  6. If I understand correctly, then all you have to do is right click the item in the All apps list (on the left) and select Pin to Start to get it to show up on Start (on the right).

You can also drag the item from the All apps list to Start

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2015
  7. Slartybart, Aug 6, 2015
  8. willden Win User

Start List

If all the above is correct then the start list on the left can never be as comprehensive as the start list in Windows 7,am I correct?.

willden, Aug 6, 2015
  9. To build a custom All apps list:
    • Press both the *Start and R keys on your keyboard (WinKey+R)

• in the Open: text input field, type: shellStart List :programs
      this command launches a File Explorer: location = your \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
      The \Programs folder determines what is shown in the All apps list.

• Place shortcuts in the \Programs folder or create a new sub-folder to hold your shortcuts.

For example:
      • Create a new folder under Programs called 10test
      • Find the exe for the progrma you want to put in that folder, let's use Control Panel > Indexing Options for this test
      • Open Control Panel
      • Right click Indexing Options
      • Select Create Shortcut
      • answer yes to place the shortcut on the desktop
      • then copy the new shortcut to the new folder 10test
      • Take a look at Start - the 10test folder should be near the top of the All apps list.

Since Win8.1, Start has an eccentricity in that it remembers the lastwrite for items. This sometimes makes it appear that it isn't processing the things you manually place in your \Programs folder (or sub-folders).

Sometimes, you can just Pin something to Start, then unpin it to 'force' an update. If the list doesn't represent the manually added shortcut, this PowerShell command will update the lastwrite to the current date.

Change Contoso to the filename of your shortcut

(ls "$envStart List :programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\contoso.lnk").lastwritetime = get-date

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  11. willden Win User
    Please be advised that I have now returned to my trusty Windows 7 where I can find my way around without hassle,but thank you all for trying to help me.

willden, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start List

1. Start List - Similar Threads - Start List

2. Why do my list of Apps, Games, Snipping Tool, often used apps Disappear in my Windows start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my list of Apps, Games, Snipping Tool, often used apps Disappear in my Windows start...: The last 3 Updates for Windows 11 so last 3 months I lose all my Games and Apps which normally stayed listed in my Windows Start button. When you click on Windows Icon Button it brings up your start with a list of Apps I always play or use. I can also bring that up by typing...
  3. Why do my list of Apps, Games, Snipping Tool, often used apps Disappear in my Windows start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my list of Apps, Games, Snipping Tool, often used apps Disappear in my Windows start...: The last 3 Updates for Windows 11 so last 3 months I lose all my Games and Apps which normally stayed listed in my Windows Start button. When you click on Windows Icon Button it brings up your start with a list of Apps I always play or use. I can also bring that up by typing...
  4. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...: Camera not working. Used Device Manager to access Camera and Display Adapter. Event logs say Camera opens, Display Adapter does not. List -Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_3FB517AA&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem91.inf Class Guid:...
  5. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...: Camera not working. Used Device Manager to access Camera and Display Adapter. Event logs say Camera opens, Display Adapter does not. List -Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8A56&SUBSYS_3FB517AA&REV_07\3&11583659&1&10 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem91.inf Class Guid:...
  6. Event List of Display Adapter says NOT STARTED. Camera does not work. Windows 10 Laptop...

7. How to start Windows Security Service when it is not listed in services.msc ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start Windows Security Service when it is not listed in services.msc ??: Split from this thread. AdditionFRST https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-windows-security-service-when-it-is/6b8570b2-a8eb-4a94-9469-4b44a8551550
  8. How to start Windows Security Service when it is not listed in services.msc ??

How to start Windows Security Service when it is not listed in services.msc ??: Split from this thread. AdditionFRST https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-windows-security-service-when-it-is/6b8570b2-a8eb-4a94-9469-4b44a8551550
  9. How to remove apps from start menu app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove apps from start menu app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11: I cant remove some apps from the start menu app list. The apps are already uninstalled and this bug isn't happening on other users on my laptop. The issue started when I ran "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. How to remove apps from start menu app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11

How to remove apps from start menu app list which are already uninstalled Windows 11: I cant remove some apps from the start menu app list. The apps are already uninstalled and this bug isn't happening on other users on my laptop. The issue started when I ran "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...