Windows 10: Start Menu and Administrator Login

Discus and support Start Menu and Administrator Login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have the latest version of windows 10 installed on my pc. It does not show start menu on clicking so i cant open settings. I cant fix this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YashTare, Aug 20, 2018.

1. YashTare Win User

Start Menu and Administrator Login

I have the latest version of windows 10 installed on my pc. It does not show start menu on clicking so i cant open settings. I cant fix this issue because Im the only user to operate this pc but im not the administrator. Please help me how to become administrator so that i can reinstall windows again. All Settings and start menu is blocked. Please help.

Waiting for earliest reply......

:)

YashTare, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Update 1709 and missing built-ins from start menu

With that, I would suggest that you reset Windows Store Cache. To do do, follow the steps below:

• Close Windows Store app, if it's running.
    • In the Start menu, type WSReset.
    • Right-click on WSReset and then, click Run as administrator option.
    • Click Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.

If the issue still persists, try logging out of your Microsoft account and login after restart.

Do update us with the results.

Julie Ram, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 20, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu and Administrator Login - Similar Threads - Start Menu Administrator

2. Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login: Every so often - maybe one or two times out of ten - when I power my PC on and login, I have my normal desktop but no start menu and a completely blank taskbar. At this point, if I tap the Windows key on the keyboard, after a second or so the start menu appears and the...
  3. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  4. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  5. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. administrator login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    administrator login: I bought my wife a laptop and created an administrator profile named "Jean" At some point, she created another profile called "Jean2" We both forgot the password for "Jean". and can't do anything that requires administrator access. HELP!...
  7. Login opens the Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login opens the Start Menu.: Whenever I login into Windows, instead of it just opening at the Desktop, it opens at the Desktop but with the Start Menu open. Is there anyway that I can login straight to the Desktop please, without the Start Menu being open? Thanks in advance. 151906
  8. Administrator Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Login: I mistakenly deleted my Administrator account. I want it back now since I can't take absolute control over my Laptop. 91156
  9. login as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    login as administrator: When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to...
  10. Show Administrative Tools on Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Administrative Tools on Start Menu?: This is an option on the Windows 7 Start Menu. On Windows 8.x, I used Start8 to get the Administrative Tools menu. But since Windows 10 now has a native start menu, I'd rather not mess with third part start menus. Right now I go to Control Panel to get Administrative Tools....