Windows 10: Start menu and Store title are not opening

Discus and support Start menu and Store title are not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly Start Menu and Store icon shortcut on taskbar are not opening anymore. Below is a screenshot of the message I get when I attempt to open Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksio89, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ksio89 Win User

Start menu and Store title are not opening

Suddenly Start Menu and Store icon shortcut on taskbar are not opening anymore. Below is a screenshot of the message I get when I attempt to open Store shortcut You can also note the Store icon is missing from taskbar.

What can I do to solve this?

Windows 10 edition is Home Single Language. Thanks in advance.

:)

ksio89, Aug 9, 2015

2. Start menu, cortana, windows store are not opening..... Even after resetting the entire computer in windows 10

Hello Ganesh,

We understand the frustration when things don't go the way they supposed to. Let me assist you.

At this point, I suspect that the issue might be related to Windows functionality.

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool from another computer and then perform Automatic Repair using the same ISO media.
    Refer to the following link: Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps:

1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to
    Press any key to boot from DVD, do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the
    Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer
    link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
    Troubleshoot

3. Click, Advanced Options and then click on Startup Repair.

4. After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Note: There will be no data loss by performing Startup repair. It will format c: driver and reinstall Windows 10. It will remove all the installed apps and updates.

Important: You might require to change the
    boot priority
    in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD or USB.

Hope it helps to fix the issue related to Windows performance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Start menu, cortana, windows store are not opening..... Even after resetting the entire computer in windows 10

Win 10 start menu, Cortana, edge, power, volume and notification option in the toolbar are not opening.

I have tried many many commands in command prompt, created a new user account, and even reset the entire P.C for countless times as suggested in the form.

I even used start menu troubleshooting from the official website and it displayed this message

"Required Applications are not Installed correctly not fixed (x)".

Please Help me out

ganesh sainath, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Start menu and Store title are not opening

By any chance have you disabled service: Distributed Link Tracking Client ?

TairikuOkami, Aug 9, 2015
  5. ksio89 Win User
    No, this service is not disabled. Stopped and restarted it manually but no luck. Also noticed that volume slider, wi-fi network window, power options and other tray icons are not opening. Maybe it's related to Explorer? Performed a sfc /scannow on an elevated prompt but it didn't fix anything, despite reporting that some files were corrupted and then repaired.

ksio89, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu and Store title are not opening

1. Start menu and Store title are not opening - Similar Threads - Start menu Store

2. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  3. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, cortana and app store will not open: My Windows key and the windows logo on my screen will not open the start menu. If I right click on the Windows log I get that menu with settings etc but not the list of Apps when I left click. Also if I select Cortana it starts to open I get a blank box with Cortana at the...
  4. Start menu, cortana and app store will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  6. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  7. Start menu starts opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu starts opening randomly.: Hi! I have a windows tablet with broken touch that goes crazy sometimes, so i have disabled it. When im using tablet the start menu opens randomly sometimes. Is there a fix? submitted by /u/vukasin123king [link] [comments]...
  8. Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Start Menu Tile Title Wrong: Has anyone reported the misspelled title in the Start Menu's Tile section; Web Browers? If not, thought you should know. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-start-menu-tile-title-wrong/6f630f1c-e5e2-4988-bc24-b1942ae933a3
  9. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  10. Blurry Start Menu titles icons with 125% dpi

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Start Menu titles icons with 125% dpi: After switching to 125% DPI the start menu titles become bigger (which is a nice thing) but also some weird blurring filter is applied to icons. Right away after you open start menu the icons are more sharp for 1 second then become blurry, is there any work around to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-settings:storetitle