Windows 10: Start Menu and The Snipping Tool

Discus and support Start Menu and The Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I take a screenshot of the Start Menu with the Snipping Tool if as soon as I click Snipping Tool the Start Menu closes? 66130 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Judesman, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Judesman Win User

Start Menu and The Snipping Tool

How do I take a screenshot of the Start Menu with the Snipping Tool if as soon as I click Snipping Tool the Start Menu closes?

:)

Judesman, Oct 5, 2016
  2. LemP Win User

Where is snipping tool in Microsoft 365?

The Snipping Tool is part of Windows (introduced with Windows 7). It has nothing to do with Office 365 or any other edition of Microsoft Office.

You can access the Snipping Tool most quickly by clicking Start, typing Snipping Tool (or simply Snipping) into the Search box, and pressing Enter.

Or you can click Start, click All Programs, scroll down to and click "Accessories" and find Snipping Tool there.

If you use it often, right-click on the link for Snipping Tool found by either of the above methods and select "Pin to Start Menu" or "Pin to Taskbar"

LemP, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Built in windows apps

Snipping tool can take a picture of the start menu. Just use the "delay" option and set it to 2 or 3 seconds so you can start your snip, then open the menu and when the delay comes it will take the picture for you.

Or you can always skip the snipping tool entirely and just press Print-Screen on the keyboard.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Like any menu or window that closes when focus changes, you can use PrtSc (should be a key labelled that on your keyboard). This takes a screenshot of your whole screen and then you can use e.g. paint to crop it if you wish.
    Start Menu and The Snipping Tool [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 5, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Two ways to get a screenshot of the Start menu.

Ctrl-PrtScr works., paste it into your favourite photo editor.

Snipping Tool works if, before you click New you first Click 'Delay', set (say) 5 seconds then click 'New'. You now have about 5 seconds to open the Start menu before the 'snip' takes place.

Bree, Oct 5, 2016
  6. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks for both of those tips. I can now start my next thread!

Judesman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu and The Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Start Menu Snipping

2. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool: Snipping tool was one of my favorite apps, windows 11 has f#$%ed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/303499e9-62a8-43a3-a176-f6212833b6f6
  3. Windows 10, Start and Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Start and Snipping Tool: When I press windows start button, nothing happens. I no longer can see my tiles. Also, I can't open up my windows choice on the shortcut, right side. It just flashes and goes away. Also, I can no longer get my snipping tool to work and I use it a lot for my job. Any...
  4. Windows 10, Start and Snipping Tool

Windows 10, Start and Snipping Tool: When I press windows start button, nothing happens. I no longer can see my tiles. Also, I can't open up my windows choice on the shortcut, right side. It just flashes and goes away. Also, I can no longer get my snipping tool to work and I use it a lot for my job. Any...
  5. Windows 10, Start and Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool: When I first got my computer, my screenshots were conveniently saved to "This PC > Pictures". Then, possibly after an update, they began being saved on my desktop. What do I need to do so that my screenshots are saved in Pictures again?Thank you in advance for your help!...
  7. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  8. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  9. snipping tool

in Cortana
    snipping tool: My snipping tool disappeared and when I type anything in box that says type here to search and hit enter, it does nothing any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/01a3daaa-1c43-4963-b423-29c18ec862c9"
  10. Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows How to Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows [img] Information You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i find snipping tool with microsoft 365