Windows 10: Start menu and webpages are mostly black

Discus and support Start menu and webpages are mostly black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just recently got a new hp laptop and have windows 10 installed onto a flash drive plugged into it due to a lack of hard drive space. For some reason... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Croxz, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Croxz Win User

Start menu and webpages are mostly black

I just recently got a new hp laptop and have windows 10 installed onto a flash drive plugged into it due to a lack of hard drive space. For some reason every website i visit and all the menus through start are mostly black.

Start menu and webpages are mostly black [​IMG]

:)

Croxz, Sep 13, 2015

2. Text and live tiles problem after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi guys, I'm Urnava......

I recently upgraded my HP ab032tx to Windows 10 after the upgrade, I'm facing problems with the Start menu and Microsoft Edge browser.

The text in the start menu as well as in the "ALL APPS" is changing its color itself(turning from white to black and is again correcting itself) the icons in the All Apps and the live tiles are becoming hazy and the tiles are turning black sometimes.

Whenever using the Microsoft Edge Browser, the text on the loaded webpages is turning out to be hazy.........

Please assist me on tge topic and how shall I fix this problem ??????

Urnava Goswami, Sep 13, 2015
  3. web page tiles have lost their icons with win 10 upgrade

With the recent update to Windows 10 all web page tiles have gone black in Start on both my machines. App icons are still OK except for Chrome. The webpage entries are still good in the 'all apps list'. The black tiles still work just no logo so you have
    to guess which is which. New pages pinned to start from Edge just show the Edge logo. New pages pinned to start from Chrome show as a chrome logo as a medium tile and black as a small tile - no webpage logos now. Webpage logos work on the left list but not
    on the right side of the start page.

Michael.Legg, Sep 13, 2015
  4. Start menu and webpages are mostly black

Yes, if you click on "All Apps" you will get a listing of your installed softwares. It's not as advanced as on previous versions, just one column instead of the cascading menu we had since w95, but usuable as is.Also silly is the alphabetical order. Just look how many are in W or M! And good luck to know if your software name starts with the "Windows" or the "Microsoft" prefix. Sorting by category is better, but can't be done automaticaly.

Fredledingue, Sep 14, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Check Settings, System and see if Table Tablet Mode is on.

Ztruker, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Croxz Win User
    I should also point out that the top picture is what my Firefox browser looks like immediately after opening it, which is what every other website is like too. There are clickable links and pictures that show, but everything appears on a black background

Croxz, Sep 14, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Check Settings, Personalization, Themes. Maybe you have a dark theme selected.

Ztruker, Sep 14, 2015
  8. Croxz Win User

Wow, I cant believe this fixed my problem. I baffles me that the theme can change how a website appears so much that 90% of the content just doesn't show up. Thank you so much.

Croxz, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start menu and webpages are mostly black - Similar Threads - Start menu webpages

2. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  3. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon: I had to reinstall windows a month ago, and since most icons in my start menu and when searching an app by name, the shortcut is just blank i already tried to delete the icon caches, replace the icon in the shortcut, reboot my pc ect ect.I don't understand why it's doing...
  4. Most applications in the start menu and "search menu" have a blank icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't pin webpages to start menu in new version of Edge.: I found a website that I wanted to pin to my start menu, but with this new update to Microsoft's Edge browser I can't seem to find that feature. I did find the option to pin a page to the taskbar or even pin a tab within Edge itself, but I already have several webpages pinned...
  6. Start Menu text is Black

in Cortana
    Start Menu text is Black: Hey y'all, To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the search/start menu before this. Whether I have the theme in Light or Dark Mode, when I search something on Cortana it looks like this:...
  7. Loading most webpages problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loading most webpages problems: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. Whenever I try to access websites, it says "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET" or, in the edge case "Hmm, can't reach this page." I reset my laptop a few times since I was having problems with a website. That made...
  8. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  9. Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most desktop icons gone + start menu wacky: Been using Win10 for many, many months running with windows 7 format . This morning On logging in with password, it recognized me by username, BUT it then said "Preparing Windows". The desktop had only about 10 of the 50+ icons. Background image is gone. Start menu has none...
  10. Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Mostly Not Working. How Fix?: Acer Aspire V Laptop After right clicking the Start Menu button, most of the appearing menu items don't work. The bottom three selections: Shut down, Run, and Search, all work; but nothing else. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Win10 a few weeks ago. The Start Menu...