Windows 10: Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

Discus and support Start Menu Apps to Desktop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dluhop, Apr 4, 2016.

1. dluhop Win User

Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop.

:)

dluhop, Apr 4, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Apr 4, 2016
  3. Want to restore All Apps to start menu

my windows apps are in the middle of the screen...how do I restore them to the left of screen above the start button?

RosalynSykes, Apr 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Just drag/drop the app to desktop, or to the corresponding desktop folders.

Start Menu Apps to Desktop? [​IMG]

davidhk, Apr 4, 2016
  5. dluhop Win User
    I figured it out. You need to drag the app to the Windows icon in the bottom left of the screen and then it will copy a shortcut to the desktop. Thanks for your help. This can be marked as solved.

dluhop, Apr 4, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    No need to drag it to the "windows icon".
    Just simply drag it directly to the desktop. See my screenshot in post #2 ?

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu Apps to Desktop? - Similar Threads - Start Menu Apps

2. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  3. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  4. Using Start Menu as a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Start Menu as a desktop?: Hi all Does anyone know if it's possible, within Windows 10 or using a third party program, to make the Start menu full-screen and to have it permanently replace the desktop as the thing that shows when you minimise all windows/hit the Start button/hit the Desktop button?...
  5. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  6. Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with app?: Hey! Is it possible to replace Start Menu or Desktop with icons with a third-party application? I use Windows for games only and want GOG Galaxy launcher to be my main menu submitted by /u/alien2003 [link] [comments]...
  7. start menu pinned to desktop

start menu pinned to desktop: my start menu is always on top of the desktop making me unable to access the desktop directly, how can i resolve that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-to-desktop/1d188809-d239-418c-942b-d5e4455693a5
  8. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  9. apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu

apps appear on desktop but not in left column of start menu: apps appear on desktop but not in left column start menu. Hw do I get them into left column? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-appear-on-desktop-but-not-in-left-column-of/35030156-f511-4506-9642-eb3c3b4d9c73
  10. Desktop replaced by start menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop replaced by start menu: Hi, recently my computer has been acting up. I believe I hit a shortcut on my keyboard by accident, because now my taskbar is black, and trying to access my desktop will redirect me to the start screen. Pressing the Windows key yields the same effect, bringing to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to put an app from start menu to desktop