Windows 10: Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account

Discus and support Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In windows 10 on a surface pro my work administrator added a new admin account for work. on the original account the start menu works fine. When I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by techforay, Dec 24, 2015.

1. techforay Win User

Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account

In windows 10 on a surface pro my work administrator added a new admin account for work. on the original account the start menu works fine. When I log into the work account I have no start menu or search function. He tried some of the fixes out on the web to no success. Can someone help.

:)

techforay, Dec 24, 2015
  2. KrosAnd Win User

Windows apps won't open; Powershell AppXManifest solution, system file validation, doesn't help

Thanks for the reply. I tried creating a new local user account after my Start button and other Windows functions quit again on my normal account. The new local user account has the same problem, so now I have two unusable Start menus. Any suggestions?

KrosAnd, Dec 24, 2015
  3. infiswift Win User
    Start Menu and Metro Apps

My start menu wont open! Instead it displays this message:

Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account [​IMG]
    Also my metro apps wont open help!

Creating a new account didn't help it works only for around a week then start menu doesn't work.

infiswift, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account

1. Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account - Similar Threads - Start menu button

2. Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working: Hi, Since some days on my 2-3 month old Windows 10 Pro, the Start menü stopped working. If I click on it a loading circle appeare at the cursor for 1-2 sec, but nothing happen. I tried several method on the net, sfc scan, DISM commands, etc. none was a solution. There was...
  3. Start Menu, Taskbar and other buttons not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and other buttons not working: I recently have been getting problems with my Windows 10 PC where the taskbar itself works fine, but clicking on the Start Menu button, volume button or wifi button does absolutely nothing and nothing appears. I'm unable to access any settings because my Start Menu doesn't...
  4. my start button wont work

my start button wont work: I need my start button to work. I need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-wont-work/9c2c8deb-8928-4afe-b939-f4ee915b48b8
  5. Start button wont work after recent update

Start button wont work after recent update: Did the update to 1909?? this week and since then 1 had problems launching from taskbar and 2 the start button on the left changes colour when overhovered but doesnt do anything so I cant get to the apps etc. Help!...
  6. Start Menu Will Not Open Can't Create New User Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Will Not Open Can't Create New User Account: I am so over this! setting up this new computer for the third time since May. First, it kept giving the error that the Recycle Bin was corrupt. I fixed that. Then the Start Menu would not open. Looking for solutions, I did a system file check. That said everything was fine. I...
  7. Start menu button not working on new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Start menu button not working on new user account: Just created a 2nd admin account on a W10 PC and The Start menu button is not working on a new user account....still works ok on the original account. Done sfc scan now and it found some errors, now downloading replacement files.....hope that will work....did the...
  8. Start menu buttons wont launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu buttons wont launch: So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a new update i need. Also the HP support assist says i have an update to need to install but when i install it nothing happens...
  9. my start button wont work

in Windows 10 Support
    my start button wont work: my start button wont work, i cannot restart my computer and even from the sign on screen the only option i ave it to shut down. my icons are still on the taskbar but i cannot view them and when i open my browsers its deleting my last sessions even when i have them saved to...
  10. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...