Windows 10: Start menu buttons wont launch

Discus and support Start menu buttons wont launch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Noobahata, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Noobahata Win User

Start menu buttons wont launch

So today my computer stopped running the apps in the start menu. I have reset a few times and nothing helped. Are my drivers out of date or is there a new update i need. Also the HP support assist says i have an update to need to install but when i install it nothing happens and goes back to an update that i need to download.

Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    RAM: 16 GB
    Free Disk Space: 2.7 TB
    Motherboard: 2AF3 1.0 Hewlett-Packard

:)

Noobahata, Sep 17, 2015

2. the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

hi Guys as the question states my context menu that appears when you right click the start menu does not work.

what I mean is that it shows up but when you select any options like device manager, command prompt, disk management almost all of them wont work except for run.

I can launch these programs via other means but they just wont launch through this context menu.

Start menu buttons wont launch [​IMG]

Fred.Andre, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Pam DL Win User
    Start Menu

Start button and menu disappeared. Tried everything that microsoft suggested, still wont work

Pam DL, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Start menu buttons wont launch

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Noobahata Win User
    I am on Windows 10 I upgraded about 2 weeks ago i just forgot to update my specs. sorry about that. But i cant do anything like recovery or even go back to windows 8. I see the buttons but when i click them nothing happens.

Noobahata, Sep 17, 2015
  6. Your specs say win10 .. I was referring to what you typed in post #1
    Anyway, give the tutorial a go - you should be able to launch Powershell or Command prompt.
    Right click the Windows menu (logo) on the taskbar and pick Command Prompt (admin) or press the Winkey [ *Start ] and search for powershell or command prompt (just type the first letter and the search box should show up, the results will be filtered as you type more letters)

Or ... press the Winkey+R to get the Run dialog window
    to run powershell, enter : powershell.exe
    to run Command prompt, enter : cmd.exe

Ctrl+Shift+Enter elevates the priviliges for the application in the run box

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2015
  7. Noobahata Win User
    Did not work. If i have to bring up any menus for any type of setting in my computer nothing happens. I can click the buttons but that shit aint opening. I get the wheel next to my mouse for a few seconds like its trying to open it but then it gives up. I can open the powershell and cmd but the crtl+shift+enter did not do anything.

Noobahata, Sep 17, 2015
  8. Start menu buttons wont launch

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start menu buttons wont launch

1. Start menu buttons wont launch - Similar Threads - Start menu buttons

2. start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]: Hi all, I start to notice the following issue recently on my laptop.1 - when I click on the start menu button on my laptop it makes a beep sound each and every time I press it. no corresponding window, after 4th time I was able to see the result. [ but the beep noise is still...
  3. start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu button is not launching. [ only beep sound is coming ]: Hi all, I start to notice the following issue recently on my laptop.1 - when I click on the start menu button on my laptop it makes a beep sound each and every time I press it. no corresponding window, after 4th time I was able to see the result. [ but the beep noise is still...
  4. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  5. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu will not launch: Hi,I need help. My start menu will not launch. I click on it and a wheel spins for a second then nothing, it fails to launch. I have also noticed that I can't open up a photo either. When I go to photos and double click on one to launch it it does not open. I need to launch...
  6. Start menu will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Menu Button

Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  8. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  9. Start Menu won't launch

Start Menu won't launch: I've recently installed a fresh version of windows (was having PC issues) and all went well, apart from the fact I can no longer launch the start menu, which renders my PC essentially useless. I'd really appreciate some help here fixing the issue, as it is pretty vital. I've...
  10. Start Menu, Task Manager, Programs wont launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Task Manager, Programs wont launch: Hey all - After about 15-20 minutes of use my computer starts acting strangely. The Start Menu, Task Manager, and Programs wont launch, nothing works. If I have something open (Game/Browser/Whatever) whatever is open continues to function just fine. The computer wont restart...