Windows 10: Start Menu cannot be customized

Discus and support Start Menu cannot be customized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While running the newest Insider build (10532) I do not see an option to customize the Start Menu. What I wanted was when right-clicking and seeing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Rivergoat Win User

Start Menu cannot be customized

While running the newest Insider build (10532) I do not see an option to customize the Start Menu. What I wanted was when right-clicking and seeing the list having "Devices & Printers" listed as an option. As it is not there, there is also no apparent way to add it...?

:)

Rivergoat, Aug 29, 2015
  2. ShehabKK Win User

Windows 10 - Start Icon not working!!

The customize button is hazed out, and cannot click it. Pl help!

ShehabKK, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Jnyn Win User
    Customized Start Menu failed in Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB

Hi
    ZigZag3143 ,

Thanks for your response.

I have re-post this issue to the site that you have suggested.

Regards

4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. There is no customization of the Start menu as in past OSs. However, you can add a tile to the Start menu by right clicking on "Devices & Printers in the Control Panel.

Tony K, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Install Start10 or Classic shell and you'll get Devices and Printers back, as well as Run and other useful things.

Ztruker, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Rivergoat Win User
    Yes, that is an option, although at present I'm testing Win10 as delivered. If the final build still doesn't meet what I want then a third party app. I want to see how MS tweaks and patches this stuff first.

Rivergoat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu cannot be customized - Similar Threads - Start Menu cannot

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  4. Customizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  5. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  6. Customize Start Menu

Customize Start Menu: Greetings, Is it possible to customize the Start menu? Specifically, I want to move "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader" to a custom folder. I was able to create an Adobe folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Normally, I can...
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  9. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926
  10. Cannot Customize Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Customize Start Menu: Hello all, I have looked throughout the forums and I cannot seem to find an answer to my problem, or anyone else with the same problem. I just downloaded and installed Windows 10 between last night and this morning. Everything was going great, until now. For some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu cannot be customized windows 10