Windows 10: Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

Discus and support Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smartin, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Smartin Win User

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

Hi All,

Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues.

1. I can't get rid of Open file location when right-clicking on programs under all apps on the start menu. There is a tutorial on this site which includes registry entries to remove this option but it is not working for me. The other tutorial to remove run as administrator worked perfectly. The start menu is redirected to a folder on the DC and we don't want the students being able to browse the DC

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. I can't remove the Win + X ( right-click on Start ) context menu. I've enabled all the relevant GPO settings but this just refuses to die. All the options are disabled so this is less important than the first issue. Would be nice to know how to do this still.

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any help or advice would be greatly received. Many thanks for reading.

Kind Regards, Martin

:)

Smartin, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Win+X context menu shortcuts not working

I can confirm (on my Windows 10 notebook) that Airdroid Desktop Client 3.1.4 causes the right click start context menu (clicking the icons) to stop working, i.e., the context menu pops up, but clicking on any icon does nothing.

I uninstalled Airdroid 3.1.4 and used CCleaner to fix any Airdroid related registry issues, restarted Windows 10 and the context menu works just fine.

There is a new desktop "widget" feature in the Airdroid Client 3.1.4 that most likely conflicts with the shell extensions of the start context menu in Windows 10.

I'll be using a previous version of Airdroid in order to avoid the issue until Airdroid and/or Microsoft fixes it.

P.S. the widget feature works pretty good...

randallhill, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

1. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu context

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. windows 10 context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 context menu: Windows 10.The "new" item disappeared from the context menu. Based on internet recommendations, I modified the registry:HKEY_CLASSES-ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\newthe "default" value was modified by adding:{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}Now I...
  4. Context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu: Hello, I am running a machine with Windows 10 Pro which had version 1703, a few days ago I updated to 20H2. When I had 1703 all ok.... But when I upgraded to 20H2 EACH RIGHT CLICK TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS. I think a 4GB ram and i3 processor should not take so long for a right...
  5. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  6. Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the right-click […] This article Disable Right-Click Context Menu in Start Menu of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  8. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  9. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  10. Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Start Menu to Desktop Context Menu in Windows 10 The Start menu contains shortcuts of all your apps, settings, and files. Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft separated...