Windows 10: Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

Discus and support Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smartin, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Smartin Win User

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

Hi All,

Thanks for visiting my thread. I'm rebuilding all computers to Windows 10 at the School I work at. I've been able to lock down everything using Group Policy and Registry tweaks apart from two niggling little issues.

1. I can't get rid of Open file location when right-clicking on programs under all apps on the start menu. There is a tutorial on this site which includes registry entries to remove this option but it is not working for me. The other tutorial to remove run as administrator worked perfectly. The start menu is redirected to a folder on the DC and we don't want the students being able to browse the DC

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. I can't remove the Win + X ( right-click on Start ) context menu. I've enabled all the relevant GPO settings but this just refuses to die. All the options are disabled so this is less important than the first issue. Would be nice to know how to do this still.

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 [​IMG]

Any help or advice would be greatly received. Many thanks for reading.

Kind Regards, Martin

:)

Smartin, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Win+X context menu shortcuts not working

I can confirm (on my Windows 10 notebook) that Airdroid Desktop Client 3.1.4 causes the right click start context menu (clicking the icons) to stop working, i.e., the context menu pops up, but clicking on any icon does nothing.

I uninstalled Airdroid 3.1.4 and used CCleaner to fix any Airdroid related registry issues, restarted Windows 10 and the context menu works just fine.

There is a new desktop "widget" feature in the Airdroid Client 3.1.4 that most likely conflicts with the shell extensions of the start context menu in Windows 10.

I'll be using a previous version of Airdroid in order to avoid the issue until Airdroid and/or Microsoft fixes it.

P.S. the widget feature works pretty good...

randallhill, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Start Menu context menu on Windows 10

1. Start Menu context menu on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu context

2. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  3. Context menu on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu on the desktop: How do I recover a lost right-click drop-down context menu on the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/context-menu-on-the-desktop/21749250-49ca-4520-b839-f24d49c95a6a
  4. Context Menu Fonts

Context Menu Fonts: Upgraded today to the Windows 10 update. Since Windows 7, Windows defaults to the awfull (for my taste at least) Segoe UI font. In Windows 7 and 8 these could still be changed but in Windows 10, Mircrosoft removed that option so the font settings for icons, messages etc are...
  5. Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Edge context menu bigger than windows context menu: Hi guys, is there any tweak to reduce the size of edge context menu. Make it same size as windows context menu(desktop right click, file explorer). The other modern apps also have larger context menu as compared to windows. Thanks 61098
  6. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...
  7. Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues: Hi I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me... For some weeks now I have had problems where the START MENU wouldn't launch, metro apps (OneDrive, Tweetium, Money, News etc) would fail to launch (just a blank window up), right mouse clicks...
  8. Broken Context menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Context menu Windows 10: Hi there, Does anyone know why this is happening? Since This happens on both of my windows 10 computers, I doubt my installs are broken.... [img] Edit: This only happens with windows explorer, other programs like paint, chrome, ect are fine... Edit 2: Right...
  9. Context Menu Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Problem: When I right-click on an executable, the context menu shows "%1 %* instead of Run. [img] The executable runs when I click "%1 %* I searched the registry but could not find a "%1 %* value. I have no idea how this happened. How can I change it back to Run. Thanks for...
  10. Context Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu ?: Has anyone sorted out (Copy To Folder and Move To Folder) in Windows 10 yet ? *Smile 2079