Windows 10: Start menu dead

Discus and support Start menu dead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So the issue that I am having is the start menu won't react, however Cortana does.... I have tried a second user account, restarting it several times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cwaterhouse, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Start menu dead

So the issue that I am having is the start menu won't react, however Cortana does.... I have tried a second user account, restarting it several times, fsc /scannow (it said all good) and the

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

code and still have no luck. Any other suggestions?*Confused

:)

cwaterhouse, Feb 28, 2016
  2. jkramer4u Win User

Critical error, Cortana and start menu not working

Start Menu, Cortana, and Edge are dead. Method not appropriate. HELP!

jkramer4u, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Start Menu "dead", Search "dead", Edge in debug-like mode, etc.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

You can roll back to older Windows version, if you have not deleted Windows.old folder.
    Upgrade to Windows 10 is available for a limited time: you have until July 29, 2016 to take advantage of this offer. Once you upgrade, you’ll have Windows 10 for free on that device.
    Upgrading Windows and activating it register the hardware of your PC for future use. If you changes the hardware your Windows 10 will no longer be activated and free.

To rollback to Windows 8/7 from Windows 10, kindly refer to the Go back to your previous version of Windows section in the below given link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 28, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Start menu dead

davidhk, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

Start menu dead

1. Start menu dead - Similar Threads - Start menu dead

2. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu: Start menu only opens with the top half showing and the bottom half is gone when first opened. This happens randomly and makes this brand new and currently updated with most recent Windows updates, Surface Book 2 look glitchy. It happens every time I click to open start menu...
  3. Start Menu

Start Menu: Start menu only opens with the top half showing and the bottom half is gone when first opened. This happens randomly and makes the brand new two weeks old and currently updated with most recent Windows updates, Surface Book 2 look glitchy. It happens every time I click the...
  4. Start Menu

Start Menu: I have 4 programs which should start with Windows but don't do so, namely Malwarebytes, WinPatrol , Zemana AntiLogger and Icon Restorer. I selected pin to start for all 4 but they still don't start with Windows. What can I do about this? 102950
  5. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  6. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu: The only problem that I am noticing with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is that the Start Menu doesn't have a smooth flow when opening. Is there any way to make it have a smooth flow again like in the old version of Windows 10? 58390
  7. Dead screen at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead screen at start up: I have downloaded Win ten onto three computers using the downloaded programme on a memory stick. Laptop absolutely perfect second on a PC, perfect, third PC,(mine), press the power button and quickly get the screen lighting and then the ten four squres window showing but...
  8. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: My Start Menu has disappeared. Where can I find it?......I've tried! 42874
  9. no start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no start menu: Hello members Hopefully I can find a solution to my problem. Initially after start up to menu was always there then about a month ago it did not appear. I have been told to left click the windows Icon, the icon changes from white to blue but clicking on it has no effect...
  10. Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...: Late last week, Microsoft pushed out a new build of Windows 10 to those of you who are participating in the 'Insiders' program. The latest version of Windows 10 comes with it many new features, some easily accessible, others not, but one thing is for certain, the Charms bar...