Windows 10: Start Menu Designs

Discus and support Start Menu Designs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just updated my PC after I shut it down turned it back on and my start menu has been changed and now not sure how to change it back to what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kasey, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Kasey Win User

Start Menu Designs

I have just updated my PC after I shut it down turned it back on and my start menu has been changed and now not sure how to change it back to what it was. I looked up and they say right click the start menu and click setting there is none of that there. *Mad

Start Menu Designs [​IMG]

:)

Kasey, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Drogon10 Win User
    Drogon10, Aug 22, 2016
  3. start menu design

The link had some ideas that will certainly be worth a try. Thanks for taking the time to help :0) .

Ken and Tanya Mallard, Aug 22, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Start Menu Designs

Hello, you can't, sorry. That's MS design.

Please search the net for the many articles about the anniversary update.

Many have asked the same question here.

Best option: one of the 3rd party start menus- there are much better options.

dalchina, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Barnack Win User
    I suggest you Classic Shell. (Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements) It's a lot customizable. You can set themes, make it look like WinME, Win7 or Win10. For example you could use Win7-like start menu with Win10-like appearence, which is amazing. You can also customize content on the right bar and choose if make it appear as shortcut or submenu. The best thing is that, differently from Windows 10 default, it's a start bar!!!! Really you can use some apparently too hard to replicate in win10 features like... dragging files and not only programs!!! Windows could handle that from first versions till Win7, but unfortunatelly they forgot how to code that part so that feature is missing in new win default bar. Another too much hard to replicate feature that is present in Classic Shell is... you can lock files/programs on top part of the bar!!! Really!!!

Irony apart, with classic shell you can keep Windows 10 look but you will have all the useful features you had in previous versions of Windows. (sadly Microsoft is going to worse :_( )

Barnack, Aug 22, 2016
  6. I would also add to let MS know you dont like it using the Feedback App

Upvote any other comments that are there on the same thing

The more people that do this, the more chance of an option to change it

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Designs

1. Start Menu Designs - Similar Threads - Start Menu Designs

2. Former Microsoft employee slams Windows 11's Start Menu design

in Windows 10 News
    Former Microsoft employee slams Windows 11's Start Menu design: The Windows 11 Start Menu is once again drawing flak from users, this time from a former Microsoft employee. Jensen Harris, who worked at the company for 16 years, slammed the Redmond company for ruining the Windows 11 Start Menu's design. [ATTACH] He posted a series of...
  3. Changing the start menu transparency and color. Fluent Design.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing the start menu transparency and color. Fluent Design.: You can apparently do this. https://reddit.com/link/ni6xue/video/cu910bs6ik071/player submitted by /u/Ok_Lingonberry_5859 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ni6xue/changing_the_start_menu_transparency_and_color/
  4. new fluent design start menu icon for xbox app on win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    new fluent design start menu icon for xbox app on win10?: Hi, It's been months since Microsoft announced the new fluent design start menu icons but Xbox app still misses the fresh icon. Am I the only with an old icon with the latest Xbox app updates or do I need specifically need windows 10 20H2 version to see new Xbox icon?...
  5. Start Menu Switches Back from Fluent Design to Older Style

Start Menu Switches Back from Fluent Design to Older Style: I am running the preview version of windows 10, version 20215.1000. The new fluent design for the start menu worked for one day yesterday. Today, it has reverted to the older style. I know that that feature, in the past, was not rolled out to all preview installs. My question...
  6. A closer look at Windows 10’s new Start Menu design

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows 10’s new Start Menu design: Windows 10 Build 20161 has been released to the testers in the Dev channel of the Windows Insider program. The preview build includes a new look for the Start Menu, alongside some other tweaks to notifications behaviour and taskbar in certain configurations. Microsoft says...
  7. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  8. start menu

start menu: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a
  9. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...
  10. Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Design Features a Start Menu, Moves Taskbar at the Top of the Screen: Windows 9 is very likely to make its debut in early 2015 and while Microsoft remains completely tight-lipped on the subject, it doesn’t necessarily mean that we can’t get to see some potential designs of the upcoming operating system. Designers across the world are using...