Windows 10: Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell

Discus and support Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After uninstalling Classic Shell, my start menu on Windows 10 build [Version 10.0.15063] (which is what Command Prompt tells me) decided to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dfu, Oct 18, 2017.

1. DFU
    dfu Win User

Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell

After uninstalling Classic Shell, my start menu on Windows 10 build
    (which is what Command Prompt tells me) decided to no longer function. I have been using this computer for over a year, while Classic Shell has been installed for the past 6 months. I feel like as if this is a me problem and not the computer's problem.

I would appreciate if replies related to this issue were easy to read, and easy to follow.

:)

2. MiltonHey Win User

Classic Shell

I have just started up my 32 bit computer for the first time since an update to Win 10 Pro.

I tried to open a document using the Classic Shell start menu only to be informed that Windows update has uninstalled Classic Shell.

This is unauthorised interference with my property and not acceptable, The Win10 start menu is inefficient and not as versatile as the old style menus.

I demand my Classic Shell be reinstated.

MiltonHey, Oct 18, 2017
  3. DSL999 Win User
    Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Right now my computer is exhibiting the usual "no start menu" associated bugs; right clicks on the task bar don't work, the Action Centre will not open, etc. But happily, the Classic Shell start menu is still working.

So orchids to the Classic Shell people and onions to the Microsoft folks, who after several months still have not fixed this glaring, stupid bug.

DSL999, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell

Please open the PowerShell by pressing Windows + X keys, and execute following command:

Code: Sfc /Scannow[/quote] After Sfc command finish executing check to see Start Menu works if not execute following command:

Code: Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote]

FreeBooter, Oct 19, 2017
  5. I don't have a solution for you. Sorry.
    But I wonder: Why uninstall Classic Shell?
    For me that's like "I cut off my leg and now I can't walk".
    I won't uninstall Classic Shell because I need it, almost as much as I need my legs. *Smile

margrave55, Oct 19, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Normally just closing Classic Shell (- as a process when it is installed) means the default Win 10 button functions normally.

And when Classic Shell is running, you can launch Win 10's menu with a key combination.

Were you able to do either of those things?

And what is your full windows build number?
    (Windows key + R, winver)
    Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell

1. Start Menu does not open after uninstall of Classic Shell - Similar Threads - Start Menu does

2. Classic shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Classic shell: Sorry if this has already been answered. I just got a Windows update, and now I lost my classic shell, and I really need it. I guess the update got rid of it. When I click on the start button, it just flashes. I have a new laptop and use Edge. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Classic Shell Start Menu not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell Start Menu not Working: So about an hour ago I was searching up "how to make windows 10 feel more like windows 7" and one of the guides told me to create a shortcut with the classic personalization window. When I opened it, I proceeded to click the "synchronized theme" which changed my desktop...
  4. Classic Shell to Classic Start

Classic Shell to Classic Start: I've used Classic Shell since I upgraded to Windows 10. It has been a lifesaver. The developer stopped supporting the program a couple of years age, but someone picked up on it and developed a fork called "Classic Start". Classic Shell is still working fine for me, but is...
  5. classic shell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    classic shell: 1.classic shell needs to configure itself 2. an administrator has blocked you from running this ap. I have an HP notebook and keep getting the above messages every time I use my laptop and I would like to continue to use classic shell, and have tried unsuccessfully to sort...
  6. Classic Shell/Open Shell users.... cant move/modify start menu items?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Shell/Open Shell users.... cant move/modify start menu items?: So ive been using classic shell and its new incarnation for years. I have had it running on my two workhorses and figured its time to shove it over to my laptop. I did so, but for some reason when I try to move shortcuts into a new folder etc, I'm greeted with "Destination...
  7. A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork)

in Windows 10 News
    A look at Open Shell (Classic Shell fork): Open Shell is a fork of the popular discontinued Classic Shell program for Windows that may restore a classic Start Menu, Explorer and Internet Explorer shell on the system. Classic Shell was a popular program for Windows that restored functionality in Windows versions that...
  8. Open-Shell (Formerly Classic-Start)

Open-Shell (Formerly Classic-Start): Open-Shell (Formerly Classic-Start) 4.4.140 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] 139893
  9. classic shell

classic shell: Well it doesn't work on W10 9975
  10. Start menu does not open after Power Shell Command

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu does not open after Power Shell Command: So my mail app was not opening links. So I looked up how to reinstall the mail app. Got to this: http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-...stall-window... I uninstalled the apps, then ran the powershell command: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstalled classic shell windows 10 search not working

2. classic shell uninstalled but no start button