Windows 10: Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders..

Discus and support Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Just tinkering with the start menu on Win 10 (Pro 64-bit) and have noticed a possible bug (unless there's a logical explanation for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mingle, Aug 10, 2015.

1. mingle Win User

Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders..

Hi, Just tinkering with the start menu on Win 10 (Pro 64-bit) and have noticed a possible bug (unless there's a logical explanation for this behaviour?) When adding folder items to the Start menu, the menu size doesn't auto-size to fit additional items. I'd manually resized the menu to better fit the reduced number of items I have. However, when adding new folder items, the menu doesn't show them unless I manually extent the vertical-size of the menu. At first I thought there was a bug with menu, as new items weren't appearing. But it was simply due to the fact the menu wasn't resizing to accommodate additional items. Cheers, Mike.

:)

mingle, Aug 10, 2015
  2. XXMike Win User

Remove Lavasoft/Ad-Aware from Windows 10 Start Menu

After uninstalling Ad-Aware the Start Menu still has 2 instances of a Lavasoft folder with Ad-Aware Anti-virus and Ad-Aware Anti-Virus Support entries. Right clicking only has "Pin to Start Menu".

Ad-Aware doesn't show up in--

And I've run out of ideas, thanks for any help.

* Moved from Insider

XXMike, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Remove Lavasoft/Ad-Aware from Windows 10 Start Menu

Can you delete these from

C:\Users\your account

or

"C:\Users\your account\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu"

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders..

1. Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders.. - Similar Threads - Start Menu doesn't

2. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  3. Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a shortcut in the Start Menu to another FOLDER in the Start Menu: Gotta be doing something wrong.Have a program "FATSorter.exe." Found it in the C:/Program Files x86 directory. Right clicked on it > Create shortcut and added the shortcut to my desktop. Right clicked on the desktop icon for the shortcut and >Pin to Start Menu. Evidently, I...
  4. Start Menu size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu size: We can make the Start Menu taller/shorter (mine is as short as it gets) & wider/skinnier (mine is as skinny as it gets). Is there a way (perhaps through the registry) that we can change the size limits? I'd like mine even skinnier. [img] Also, how can I change my Games...
  5. Adding custom folders to left side of start menu

Adding custom folders to left side of start menu: Hi, I was wondering if there was a way of adding custom folders instead of download , music etc folders on left of start menu. I have tried kinda everything from personalize settings and start settings. but nothing seems to work out. Thank you for your help....
  6. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  7. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  8. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion: Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to automatically clear so it can give room for newcomers after some period. But I want the items in the list to never get auto-deleted so when I expand the list, I can scroll through all of my installed apps over time. How...
  9. Sizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Sizing Start Menu: Have just updated to W 10 and have removed all the tiles.When I try to shrink the menu horizontally to just show the menu list it refuses.to shrink.Please tell me what I am doing wrong. 19440
  10. App auto duplicates when added to start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    App auto duplicates when added to start menu.: I had league of legends installed, and due to bug had to reinstall it. Apparently when trying to pin newly installed games icon to start menu it duplicates (I assume old icon pins too), same thing when I try to remove it. Heres link to video I recorded if it might help...