Windows 10: Start Menu Error

Discus and support Start Menu Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, so the other day when i tried to open up the start menu it dosen't even open up. this has happened to me in windows 8 so i was able to easily fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by happycheetha32, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Start Menu Error

Hey, so the other day when i tried to open up the start menu it dosen't even open up. this has happened to me in windows 8 so i was able to easily fix it but as soon as i restart my computer, it just's comes back again, *cry it's getting very annoying opening up the powershell putting in the code to fix it up while the os itself should boot it up. have you guys had this infinite loop of doing this and already fixed it?

-Cheetha

:)

happycheetha32, Jan 9, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jan 9, 2016
  3. critical error start menu

Critical Error in Start Menu
    I keep on getting Critical Error message. "Your Start Menu isn't working. ... Critical Error in Start Menu

scottgroup, Jan 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Start Menu Error

2 suggestions :

1. Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

2. If the above does not help, do a Repair Install
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Mine was #1 so what's the other solution?

happycheetha32, Jan 10, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 10, 2016
  7. I do an question of the repair install, will i still have all my programs or will i need to reinstall them all?

happycheetha32, Jan 10, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Start Menu Error

You'll keepyour personal files and apps.
    Read the link again and scroll down to step #13.

davidhk, Jan 10, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    If you have decided to do the repair install, here is a more "simplified" instructions which I wrote as part of my own tutorials.
    You probably will like the Tenforum's own tutorial better.

Use one of the 2 links below to download the Windows 10 ISO
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT )
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Using MCT as example................
    Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Error

1. Start Menu Error - Similar Threads - Start Menu Error

2. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical error start menu: Hi, Please help in the moring i turn on my pc and i tried clicking on the start button but it showed a massge saying "critical error" i have tried every posible sulotion i can find my window is 10 pro PLEASE HELP...
  3. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    critical error start menu: Hi, Please help in the moring i turn on my pc and i tried clicking on the start button but it showed a massge saying "critical error" i have tried every posible sulotion i can find my window is 10 pro PLEASE HELP...
  4. Start menu Critical Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu Critical Error: I’ve recently gotten my 500gb 860 evo ssd and installed windows on but ever since I got it I’ve been getting this Message “Your start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in” it’s been like this for a day or so, any solution to fix this would be...
  5. Start menu critical error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu critical error: Hello people, for about 2 days now I have been trying to fix this issue to no avail.. every time I try to interact with the start menu I get a critical error saying "Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. I have tried booting in and out...
  6. Critical Error - Start Menu

Critical Error - Start Menu: Hi, I've encountered a critical error "Your Start menu isn't working..." How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu/96f57669-ca31-4b24-bb04-23afa30c285c
  7. Start menu critical error

Start menu critical error: Hello I have a problem with my start menu on one of the accounts on my pc. Tried the powershell commands, tried reinstaling third party antivirus also chkdsk and many more stuff. I need that account and I dont want to create a new one so please give me a fix that works...
  8. Critical error start menu

Critical error start menu: Start menu not working, cannot access settings or edge, after running update 2004 2020 I only get a black screen with shortcuts but none work & every fix I've tried from what I am able to do has failed. Can't even run repair disc or get recovery to use an earlier date, I need...
  9. start menu - critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu - critical error: When I got home from work today I turned on my computer. When I click on the start button I get a pop up now: CRITICAL ERROR Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it for you the next time you log on. The only option is a button that says sign out now. I hit it...
  10. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    critical error start menu: Hi, hoping this is correct section, (moved from BSOD,crashes) I wish to reopen thread on this subject as the last time I looked it was closed in June 2016. Lately I keep getting a critical error when I try to access start menu. I have followed Brinks tutorial on subject, but...