Windows 10: start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled

Discus and support start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In start menu file explorer is missing & in settings--- personalization---- start---- choose folder option appears on start is disable I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by y2kmady, Aug 14, 2015.

1. y2kmady Win User

start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled

In start menu file explorer is missing &

in settings--- personalization---- start---- choose folder option appears on start is disable

I have attach some photos then help me please how enable choose which folder appears on start

start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled [​IMG]

:)

y2kmady, Aug 14, 2015
  2. me_y2k Win User

file explorer missing in start & folder appears in start disable

1st start was not responding

then I ran powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

using this start menu was working then file explorer is missing

how to enable choose folder appears in start & file explorer missing please help

thanks for reading this post start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled :)

me_y2k, Aug 14, 2015
  3. coRpS3 Win User
    Start Menu's "Ffile Explorer" missing & choosing folder disabled except for "Settings"

That would be helpful if that wasn't already the first thing I did.

I did the "Method 1" when it first happened, then I did "Method 2" after method 1 did not work. Then I went for like a month with no issues then not installing anything, that happened. I have seen some say they had weird things after "Auslogics Registry
    Cleaner" was installed and run, Though I used to run that when I was on Windows 7, I have not installed that on my Windows 10. The only thing I can think of that might of did it is my IObits "Advanced System Care". But, why would it be fine for a month and
    then change, I don't know if it changed something in the registry, who knows. But I am at the stage in several projects and work to do another clean boot is
    not feasible. I guess I will keep it this way until someone figures out what is causing these things to be disabled. I have a feeling it is something that is altering something in the registry,
    so I have a feeling it might be Advanced System Care 8 doing it. Unfortunately I wish there was a way to turn them on manually instead of doing a clean boot.

coRpS3, Aug 14, 2015
  4. coRpSE Win User

I am also having this same exact issue, I have been trying to figure it out with no luck.

coRpSE, Sep 24, 2015
  5. coRpSE Win User
    Microsoft had told me it is more and likley due to a conflict with a program installed on your PC. I will give you a list of programs I have installed and if you have any of these, let me know because that could be the conflict.

• Advanced System Care
    • Steam
    • TeamSpeak 3
    • Sketchup
    • Sony Vegas pro
    • Adobe Dreamweaver
    • Adobe Fireworks
    • Google Chrome
    • Firefox
    • IObit Malware Fighter
    • DriverBooster 2
    • Smart Defrag
    • CPUID CPU-Z
    • AMD Catalyst Control Center
    • Mirillis Action!
    • VLC Media Player
    • Filezilla

Those are what was installed that I can remember before I noticed that the start menu was missing the folders.

My post there is found here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-49cdc2d81388

If you can give any insight, might be able to fix this easier.

coRpSE, Sep 24, 2015
  6. SoxmisUK Win User
    Open File explorer on your taskbar, then find the "Quick Access" folder in the left pane at the top and right click to highlight it and get the drop down box. Select "Pin to Start.." Now you'll find a little box that opens at least one click faster than the usual way.

May be a workaround you like. Maybe *Smile

SoxmisUK, Sep 24, 2015
  7. coRpSE Win User
    Its an option which I had though of a while ago but didn't do because its not important to me. I mean I have been dealing with this issue for over a month and Microsofts suggestion was to run a SFC scan & repair, which I had done over a month ago, then their next suggestion is to basically reinstall windows, which I am not going to do. I know all they are doing is copy & paste the same message over and over to people. Right now, I just like to find the cause of it and possibly a fix rather than a work around. But thanks for the suggestion.

coRpSE, Sep 25, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

y2kmady, I would also suspect something you installed is causing the problem. Any theme modifiers or similar.

Try doing a Clean Boot, see if there is any difference. If yes then something that is starting at boot is causing the problem so you need to start enabling stuff until you find the culprit. PITA but a good troubleshooting method.

See here: Difference between Safe Mode Clean Boot State in Windows

Ztruker, Sep 25, 2015
  9. donetao Win User
    Hi I agree with Ztruker!! A clean boot is a excellent way to trouble shoot your problem if MS told you there might be a conflict with programs. I see two programs that I would get rid of. Advanced System care and IObit Malware Fighter.
    PS Have you thought about a reset or a in place repair??
    You could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

donetao, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled - Similar Threads - start menu file

2. Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default folder list on the file explorer Quick Access menu is missing.: I had some issues with power today and the power was cut abruptly twice when I was working.When everything was back to normal and I booted up my PC again, the file explorer's Quick access menu was different. I never changed anything in the Quick Access menu before and it was...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  5. Missing folders in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing folders in start menu: My start menu does not show 4 of 5 windows folders that appear in my Start11 menu. Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools are all missing from the All Apps list in the Windows 11 Start Menu. Only Windows Ease of Access Appears. All 5 of...
  6. Missing folders in start menu

Missing folders in start menu: My start menu does not show 4 of 5 windows folders that appear in my Start11 menu. Windows Accessories, Windows PowerShell, Windows System, and Windows Tools are all missing from the All Apps list in the Windows 11 Start Menu. Only Windows Ease of Access Appears. All 5 of...
  7. File Explorer menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer menu missing: I am running Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 with 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5007262. My problem is that File Explorer does not display a menu bar and none of the solutions posted in the Microsoft Community fix the problem.Here is a screen...
  8. File Explorer menu missing

File Explorer menu missing: I am running Windows 11 Home, version 21H2 with 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5007262. My problem is that File Explorer does not display a menu bar and none of the solutions posted in the Microsoft Community fix the problem.Here is a screen...
  9. Menu bar missing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Menu bar missing in file explorer: i installed skin theme for windows, after i uninstall skin theme , i was found that missing tool bar in file explorer.Help to advise how to replace to old explorer. [ATTACH]...
  10. Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Missing From 'File Explorer' Submenu in Start: Hopefully someone can help. I've found repeatedly (across four separate installations) that in Windows 10 the Folders and files I have Pinned in Quick Access disappear from the Submenu in Start after a while (see screenshot). [img] I've tried everything I can think...