Windows 10: Start Menu font size

Discus and support Start Menu font size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has anyone figured out how to increase the font size and/or font type in the start menu? All the regular "personalize" options are basically for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by f14tomcat, Oct 14, 2014.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Start Menu font size

Has anyone figured out how to increase the font size and/or font type in the start menu? All the regular "personalize" options are basically for desktop and text and borders and the like, but nothing for the menu itself.

These old eyes are hurtin' !!!!

Turning the magnifier on is NOT practical. There's got to be some hack (probably a bitmap) to adjust this.

I believe this is a complaint of many.

Many thanks......

:)

f14tomcat, Oct 14, 2014

2. Increase the size of the font in Internet Explorer 11.0 in the menu & favorites bars.

See:

Okay, how do I enlarge the font size on menus, titles, etc.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 14, 2014
  3. How do I change the font size on the app "Notepad" for Windows 10?

In Notepad, click the Format menu

Click Font...

Choose a font size in the size menu

Click OK

Andre Da Costa, Oct 14, 2014
  4. Start Menu font size

Hi and welcome to TenForums,
    Did you use the feedback app to see if it already was posted ?
    I personally posted the feedback for text size adjustment because it makes no sense to be able to increase a thumbnail and not the text size *Wink
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 14, 2014
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Pardon the ignorance... but how do I get to your post re this? *Huh

f14tomcat, Oct 14, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Did you enable the "Larger" setting in PC Settings/PC and Devices/Display/More Options/'Larger' from drop down menu.

Edwin, Oct 14, 2014
  7. LMiller7 Win User
    The start menu font is the same as the icon font and was easily changed in Windows 7. But it appears the option does not yet exist in Windows 10.
    Remember this is a preview, not the finished product.

I expect there is a registry setting somewhere but I have no idea where.

LMiller7, Oct 14, 2014
  8. Start Menu font size

That setting does nothing for the start menu page or the all apps page,
    If it does it's so minuet I couldn't tell,

Hi Tomcat,
    On the top you should see Quick links,
    If you click on that you'll My Posts which will help find us *Smile
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 14, 2014
  9. *bump*

I guess there was never a solution to this request by Tomcat? I changed all my font sizes to 10 pt using Shawn's Personalization (Classic) but it doesn't seem to affect Start Menu or APPS. The font stays small, no option to bold it or increase the size ...

heyyahblah, Jul 6, 2015
  10. vel2000 Win User
    *bump again*
    Even in the latest Insider preview 10565, there is absolutely no option to increase the font size.
    This really sucks, MS!

vel2000, Oct 16, 2015
  11. xonedl Win User
    So after all these months/years and we still do not have any solution for start menu font size?
    Despite changing system-wide font from Segoe to Verdana (which is slightly bigger), the Start menu (and all related modern interface such as jump menu) still stays on the small Segoe. I am running AMD VSR pushing 1080 to 1440 resolution for more work space.

xonedl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu font size

1. Start Menu font size - Similar Threads - Start Menu font

2. Font size on menu bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font size on menu bar: Hi I have windows 10 and I am trying to increase font size on my menu bar . I have my pc set up standard not with the tiles.I have looked every where and can not find how to resize this section of my screen. It is the line where bookmarks are....
  3. Font size on menu bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font size on menu bar: Hi I have windows 10 and I am trying to increase font size on my menu bar . I have my pc set up standard not with the tiles.I have looked every where and can not find how to resize this section of my screen. It is the line where bookmarks are....
  4. Font size on menu bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. menu font is huge. Font size slider is missing

menu font is huge. Font size slider is missing: Hello, booted my pc as normal. The menu font in office and any other app are much larger than they use to be. In the Display settings there use to be a slider to adjust the font size. That slider is gone. There is the Make everything bigger" drop down menu but is already on...
  6. How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?: Today I switched on my laptop and pressed the windows keys and I don't know how but the start menu font got very small how to increase that? submitted by /u/RadioActiveMemes_YT [link] [comments]...
  7. Chrome Tab & Menu Font Size

Chrome Tab & Menu Font Size: The latest automatic update changed my Chrome tab & menu font size to a size so small that it can't be read. I've tried adjusting menu settings, and even reset Chrome, but no luck. Advice?...
  8. Start Menu Font Suddenly Shrinks to Size 6pt from 12pt

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Font Suddenly Shrinks to Size 6pt from 12pt: I've a brand new spec built Win 10 Pro Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.476) machine. I use it for normal word processing and email etc. Nothing special. No weird 3rd party apps. Use LibreOffice version 6.3 for docs word processing. Email client is eM Client Version 7.2.36908.0...
  9. Start Menu size

Start Menu size: We can make the Start Menu taller/shorter (mine is as short as it gets) & wider/skinnier (mine is as skinny as it gets). Is there a way (perhaps through the registry) that we can change the size limits? I'd like mine even skinnier. [img] Also, how can I change my Games...
  10. Sizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Sizing Start Menu: Have just updated to W 10 and have removed all the tiles.When I try to shrink the menu horizontally to just show the menu list it refuses.to shrink.Please tell me what I am doing wrong. 19440