Windows 10: start menu freeze, some softwares crash and difficulty with right clic

Discus and support start menu freeze, some softwares crash and difficulty with right clic in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, Currently facing a problem I never have before and still quite puzzled for now, thanks in advance for reading. I built my computer a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flows69, Apr 11, 2017.

1. flows69 Win User

start menu freeze, some softwares crash and difficulty with right clic

Hey guys,

Currently facing a problem I never have before and still quite puzzled for now, thanks in advance for reading.

I built my computer a few month ago, performed exactly as expected. For about two weeks now some crashes started appearing and are getting worse:
    - start menu freezes; it does pop up but cannot click or scroll
    - some programs like chrome slow down very much until they crash
    - many other softwares perform perfectly well, Edge, Firefox, Microsoft Office, ITunes and my games
    - most softwares affected are immediately crushed by a right click
    - I think sometimes I see a quick black screen flash in affected programs

Given that many programs rather demanding in terms of ressources are fine, I think we can rule out hardware issues (at least I hope ...). If I had more time I wouldn't have bothered you and done a quick format and start fresh to remove any software issues but not the case right now.

Any help is very much appreciated, hope you guys have a good day ;-)

FJ

:)

flows69, Apr 11, 2017

2. Microsoft edge

Hello

The start menu not working just with right clic

GustavoMerizalde Sr, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Unable to use the double clic on the icons of files or folders of my desktop

I'm on Win 10. For some times now when I double clic an icon on my desktop (file, programme or folder) nothing happens. I must use the right clic and select "open" from the contextual menu which pops up to launch. I've tried to modify the speed of the
    double clic in the parameters. I can open the little folder test but not the icons on my desktop. Any idea to get rid of that?

Patrick13_876, Apr 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, try a process of elimination - are any installed programs causing this/ is it a graphics problem.
    1. Do you see the same problem in Safe Mode? (Safe mode uses a basic graphics driver)
    2. If not, try a clean boot.
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

3. If you still have the same problems, download, install and run Shellexview (free) easy to find- hide all MS shell extensions, disable all others. Note the 32 bit option exposes more.

See if you have the same problems.

Note that not all context menu entries may be located by Shellexview, so in addition you could then try e.g. the context menu manager in Glary Utilities to possibly disable more.

If you reach a point when all is working, then follow a process of elimination taking care to note it could be more than one.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. start menu freeze, some softwares crash and difficulty with right clic - Similar Threads - start menu freeze

2. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  3. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  4. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10/11 context menu freeze on right clic only on file not folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10/11 context menu freeze on right clic only on file not folder: Hello, I'm having some issues with right clic on file.After right clic on file like text file, mp3 file, vido file etc explorer get frozen.I've tried lot of solution like sfc scannow, shellview menu edit and lot of thingsPerhaps compatibility issues with another software ?...
  6. Windows 10/11 context menu freeze on right clic only on file not folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 context menu freeze on right clic only on file not folder: Hello, I'm having some issues with right clic on file.After right clic on file like text file, mp3 file, vido file etc explorer get frozen.I've tried lot of solution like sfc scannow, shellview menu edit and lot of thingsPerhaps compatibility issues with another software ?...
  7. Windows 10/11 context menu freeze on right clic only on file not folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some items will not open when right-clicking start menu: The following will no longer open from right-clicking on the Start Menu button: Task Manager Event Viewer Device manager Disk Manager Computer Manager Command Prompt Command Prompt Admin File Explorer All others will open. Also some desktop icon will only open by...
  9. Start Menu Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Freeze: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. No incompatibilities were reported during that process and W10 worked fine on my primary user account. Several days after the install, I went to set up my wife's infrequently used second user. I got there...
  10. How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the rigkt clic on the start menu: Right clicking on start button give acces to all kinds off Tools that i dont want my users to have acces to. I know that i can disable some whit GPO but it there a way to remove the right click on the start button. Thank you 55968