Windows 10: Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

Discus and support Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QuintessentiaLs, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

Hi,

I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start menu.

See image

Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons [​IMG]

I want my start menu to look like "Before" with icons and text and not "After" with only icons.

Cheers,

:)

QuintessentiaLs, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 16, 2018
  3. pmene Win User
    Windows 10 wrong label/name on Settings icon in Start Menu

I tried a clean boot and did not help. Where does the icon get it's label/text? That is where we need to fix the issue. Sorry to say this, but the Windows 10 Start Menu is big step backwards. You cannot rename Windows icons or create multi-level folders.
    It should not be this hard and time consuming to fix a simple icon text.

pmene, Aug 16, 2018
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons prob.jpg

psyko12, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

1. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons - Similar Threads - Start Menu Full

2. Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu icons and text shrinks for no reason.: Hi all, since an update earlier today, my Start Menu has decided to resize the icons and shrink down the fonts to almost for me unreadable size. I have tried a fix that I found on here and it did work for about half an hour then it went back to its current state. Another...
  3. icons only in start menu and no labels

icons only in start menu and no labels: How do I restore the text labels to the icons in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-only-in-start-menu-and-no-labels/76a9a283-7215-4c51-bfb3-bf469fc88410
  4. Start Menu Text

Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  5. This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu: Hello everyone, Windows 10 Pro has just performed a 'feature update' to version 1809. I have managed to sort through most of the problems over the past 3 hours but I'm stuck on one where the This PC icon on the start menu has changed to computer (1). Only the icon shows the...
  6. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  7. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908
  8. anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer: Since the anniversary update, I have no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer... Also the pinned icons no longer appear as a single column, now shows as three columns I know I can click on the top icon with the 3 bars to display the text, but would like it...
  9. Start menu with full labels

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu with full labels: Hello guys, How do I re-enable the labels in Start Menu? I want to be easier for me to acces the 'Power' Button, but with the new interface, it is annyoing (not to talk about that cascade of shortcuts I do not need :|) I need it to be so by default, I do not want...
  10. start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description: I used to be able to press the windows key and scroll up with the up arrow key to select the power button but now by default, the up arrow key selects the programs instead. I believe this has to do with the left pane start menu becoming marginalized / minimized. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding labels to start menu icons

2. label start menu tiles

3. start menu show labels

4. display start menu labels,
  5. windows start menu icon text,
  6. icon labels start menu,
  7. windows 10 text in the start menu instead of icons,
  8. how to label start menu icons,
  9. win 10 start menu show full text instead of icons