Windows 10: Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode

Discus and support Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Start Menu is completely unusuable in Safe mode on Windows 10. I'm not asking for a fix because I know there isn't one. Microsoft releases an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lmaneke, Aug 11, 2015.

1. lmaneke Win User

Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode

Start Menu is completely unusuable in Safe mode on Windows 10. I'm not asking for a fix because I know there isn't one.

Microsoft releases an operating system without confirming if its basic functions "Safe Mode" even work. This is quite disappointing.

I've been a Computer tech for 10 years, and this is the first operating system Microsoft overlooks its Diagnostic mode. It does it on the upgrade and on a clean install.

Hoping Microsoft is working on it.

The getting started app doesn't work in safe mode either, as that tries to load to tell you what safe mode is.

I'm losing faith in Microsoft. Hope they will have a comeback, or they will never be seeing me use Windows 10. I'll stay with Windows 8.1 and 7. I trust Vista more than this Windows 10 Operating System

:)

lmaneke, Aug 11, 2015
  2. DJFraz00 Win User

Start menu only works in safe mode

Hi Greg,

So, I did reimage, however, it did not resolve the issue as the Start menu still would not open. The Start menu troubleshooter was one of the first things I tried to no avail. The system just happened to grab a Windows Update and need a reboot. After it
    did so, everything seems to be working just fine. Odd as none of the update release notes mention anything about the Start menu or UI.

DJFraz00, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Start menu only works in safe mode

Glad to hear it. Was this after the reimaging that you thought hadn't worked, or did you not reimage and got the copy to run OK?

I was going to suggest next to run the Start Menu troubleshooter:
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-fix-the-wind...

But if it's not needed just file it away.

Let us know if there's anything else.

If not then you can mark the post which helped most as the Answer, to help others.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode

1. Start Menu Glitch in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Start Menu Glitch

2. Can’t start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t start in safe mode: Windows10 will not load and can not repair itself. Instructions read for stopcode does not work as no option to start safe mode is listed in the advanced solutions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-in-safe-mode/dce7121f-310b-4482-b28e-b67a5737af20
  3. Weird visual start menu glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  4. Weird visual start menu glitch

Weird visual start menu glitch: My start menu sometimes got really annoying glitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-start-menu-glitch/fc9e7019-b41e-4229-9d0b-e27264a2308a
  5. Microsoft start menu weird glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft start menu weird glitch: Whenever I open anything Microsoft example start menu or Xbox app or the Microsoft store it just does this https://youtu.be/MNtuRoiILN0 pls help I just want to use the xbox app to talk to my friends but I cant pls pls help...
  6. Naming Glitch in Start Menu

Naming Glitch in Start Menu: I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I have tried restarting the explorer from the task manager and also have tried restarting my computer....
  7. Starting in Safe Mode

Starting in Safe Mode: When I attempt to restart my computer via >Settings>Update & Security>Advance Options>Recovery-Restart now when I get to the sign-in screen it does not accept the pin I use when I sign in normally. I even tried my Microsoft password and that did not work. How do I sign in...
  8. Start Menu Transparency glitch

Start Menu Transparency glitch: I'm using W10 1903 build and I noticed there's a glitch with the transparency effect. As you can see in the attached gif, start menu opens in full transparency and suddendly become blurry, this does not happen with the notification panel (but on another laptop I got the same...
  9. Start Menu only works in safe mode!

in Cortana
    Start Menu only works in safe mode!: Hello, So like 2 weeks ago I downloaded a program called Classic Shell which I thought it was safe, but it ruined my start menu and my PC i managed to fix my PC but not the start menu. When I launch into safe mode the start menu seems to work and most Microsoft settings but...
  10. My Start Menu is glitching out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Start Menu is glitching out: I went to turn my computer off tonight and when i hit the power button that usually gives me the option of hitting power sleep or restart, the "mouse" or selector thing( i dont know what to call it, if i did i probably wouldnt be here needing help lol) moved to the upper...