Windows 10: Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?

Discus and support Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Pinned a few sites to the start menu using Microsoft Edge. My problem is that all of them have the same "E" edge (internet explorer) icon. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by varxtis, Sep 5, 2015.

1. varxtis Win User

Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon?

I have Pinned a few sites to the start menu using Microsoft Edge. My problem is that all of them have the same "E" edge (internet explorer) icon. So unless I keep them at large size, or remember in what order they were pinned/arranged, I have no clue which pin is for which site.

When you click "Pin To Start" in the options menu in Edge, where are those pins stored?
    How do I change their Label/title and icon?

:)

varxtis, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

How do I change the Title Bar color of ALL Windows 10 Explorer windows?

Ramesh

How can I do that if I'm locked out? Please read my response to Ashwin above

Teemosan, Sep 5, 2015
  3. How do I change the Title Bar color of ALL Windows 10 Explorer windows?

I'm running Win 10 Pro v1511 build 10586.318

I've seen variations of this questions asked many times, and the solution of running the Win 10 Fall Build to have colored title bars included when turning on "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar". As you can see above I have the correct
    version.

However I'm not sure if this is working correctly with my system or if it's a bug.

What happens is that when I enable the feature, all the applied items do indeed change color, including Explorer windows, but only when in the taskbar. If I hover over Explorer windows in the taskbar, they all show with the enabled color. But as soon as
    I bring multiple Explorer Windows to the desktop, only the active Window is colored. I'm hoping this isn't how they implemented it, because if so it's a major oversight. The ability to have
    all title bars colored is not just an esthetic thing - it's a functional feature for productivity. I'm using multiple monitors for my workstation. I'll have many Explorer windows open and showing on the desktop - sometimes four spread across the two
    screens. I'll be re-arranging them frequently. If I'm going to grab an Explorer window and the title bar is clear on the inactive one, then many times I just miss the title bar and it swipes without grabbing it. Maybe this seems like a small issue, but if
    it's your workstation and you're doing this frequently it's a real pain. The only colored bar is the active one. If anything it should be the other way around - clear on active and colored on inactive.

When I say it's not just an esthetic thing, I should actually say it isn't an esthetic thing at all. The stock solid colors they give you are abysmal. I went through the rather convoluted method of modifying Theme Files to create an additional aero color
    theme that enables the color mixer. However that doesn't work. If I use the Intensity or Hue sliders it does nothing. The one single Explorer window with a colored border sits like a taunting insult, while the others remain white.

Please tell me there is a way to enable color on all Explorer title bars. Or to at least have a black line or something else separating the title bar from the menu bar and the rest of the white window.

Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon? [​IMG]

SalFrank77, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I guess it depends on the site; most sites will generate a favicon, if not, the name will still be on the tile(1) as small as medium, if the tile is small it should show a mouse hover tip(2).
    The application shortcuts are of the XAML type and can't be altered or edited.

Edwin, Sep 5, 2015
  5. varxtis Win User
    Darn Fair enough. Thank you.

varxtis, Sep 5, 2015
  6. JoeWagner Win User
    JoeWagner, May 12, 2016
  7. Right click the icon on Start
    open file location
    right click on the shortcut
    change icon

Browse different files or dlls and choose the icon you want displayed

You can change the Name on the general tab

Start isn't always updated automatically - you might have to kick it
    The easiest way I've found is to pin something to Start, then unpin it
    You might be able to unpin the same shortcut you just changed, then pin it back to Start - not sure.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu - How do I change Title/Label and Icon? - Similar Threads - Start Menu change

2. icons only in start menu and no labels

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons only in start menu and no labels: How do I restore the text labels to the icons in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-only-in-start-menu-and-no-labels/76a9a283-7215-4c51-bfb3-bf469fc88410
  3. How do I fix these start menu icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these start menu icons?: [ATTACH] I've changed the color in Settings so many times but these three (the two Onenotes and Skype) keep the black background. Any idea? https://preview.redd.it/9taqrq098qe51.jpg?width=698&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=643a394b620c94298b94aa2ce9fcfe6fcb58041e submitted by...
  4. How do I change the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wooden_chest [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2r5d6/how_do_i_change_the_start_menu/
  5. This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu: Hello everyone, Windows 10 Pro has just performed a 'feature update' to version 1809. I have managed to sort through most of the problems over the past 3 hours but I'm stuck on one where the This PC icon on the start menu has changed to computer (1). Only the icon shows the...
  6. How to change the size of menu icon title

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the size of menu icon title: I'd like to know how to make the icon title larger. Running in Win10. 129077
  7. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  8. How to change icons in start menu?

How to change icons in start menu?: I'v installed an ipack icon pack but the start menu never changed. I did something in my registry that changed my quick action icon by taking ownership and running a .reg file. Is there something I can do to change the start menu icons to the ones in the ipack I installed?...
  9. How to change Start Menu icon?

How to change Start Menu icon?: How can I change the Start Menu icon? I used a program for this on Windows 7, Start8 had a feature for Windows 8, but I couldn't find anything for Windows 10. I'm afraid that the one I used for Windows 7 will cause bugs, etc and don't want Start8 either, beacuse I love the...
  10. Blurry Start Menu titles icons with 125% dpi

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Start Menu titles icons with 125% dpi: After switching to 125% DPI the start menu titles become bigger (which is a nice thing) but also some weird blurring filter is applied to icons. Right away after you open start menu the icons are more sharp for 1 second then become blurry, is there any work around to change...