Windows 10: Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

Discus and support Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per title. I'm thinking this might be video driver related as it happens mostly when I'm windowing a game and opening other apps etc. Problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elbeasto, Sep 5, 2015.

1. elbeasto Win User

Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes

As per title.
    I'm thinking this might be video driver related as it happens mostly when I'm windowing a game and opening other apps etc.

Problem:

Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes [​IMG]

Usually it looks like this:

Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes [​IMG]

:)

elbeasto, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Manoj Sai Win User

Start icons

I changed the colour pattern and it seems to have worked a little, about 60%. Thank you for your help. I will contact you if I stumble on something else. BTW, the yellow colour pattern looks like it works and other colours are
    creating problems to see the text & icons in the start menu. Maybe you should look into this from colouring angle. This is all I found. Thanks again for your help.

Manoj Sai, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Office icons disappear from start menu and now desktop icons a couple of weeks later ..what is going on?

I can now add back some desktop icons and not others to the start 10 menu.

My most used apps space does not work. Only ms outlook appears there and continues to unpin itself and go back there. When not there it remains blank. I have used outlook maybe 3x just to test it.

The most recently added apps is turned on but does not work.

When most used apps was working. It seems like just a random list. It has never matched my actual most used apps.

RedStarSQD, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Portugal Win User

This has just happened to me, and looking at your screenshots I've noticed that you have Geforce Experience opened.
    I opened Geforce experience as well, and changed the Metal Gear Solid V resolution using Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR), and after closing the game the Start Menu icons were gone. So, GeForce Experience may be the culprit:

Have you used Geforce Experience and DSR to change the resolution of any game?

I've attached a screenshot of my start menu with missing icons.

Regards.

Portugal, Sep 5, 2015
  5. elbeasto Win User
    Haven't used it to change resolution but I've been using ShadowPlay to record games. That in itself hasn't been a problem but I have to start SP before starting a game or the desktop GUI will bug out.

Good catch btw, I didn't make that connection.

elbeasto, Sep 5, 2015
  6. elbeasto Win User
    I'm finding there a few other graphic bugs with ShadowPlay - the Action Centre becomes completely transparent i.e. clear and the right click menus on the task bar have no text in them.

Gettings some excellent gaming vis though *Smile

elbeasto, Sep 5, 2015
  7. Portugal Win User
    Have you found a way of restoring the Start Menu icons without rebooting?

I tried to change the resolution in order to force them to come back, and they do, for like half a second, after that they're gone again...

Portugal, Sep 5, 2015
  8. elbeasto Win User

Haven't tried, I just reboot when I get these problems...

elbeasto, Sep 6, 2015
  9. elbeasto Win User
    Just realised that I'm getting completely transparent Start Menu and missing icons & text without ShadowPlay in it's 'ready' state. GeForce Experience is running in the background though of course.

elbeasto, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu Icons Disappear and colour changes - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icons

2. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  3. colourful icons on windows 10 start menu

colourful icons on windows 10 start menu: How do I get the colourful icons on windows 10 start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/colourful-icons-on-windows-10-start-menu/0bdb6d87-a9b4-4052-8b12-1371d27bca00
  4. Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exe Icons disappear on Start Menu: As shown in picture, all exe applications excluding those from Microsoft store disappears on start menu. Even disappear in all Apps. I have tried some methods such as sfc/scannow, delete iconcache create another user account etc., but none of them work so far.Anyone has...
  5. Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change the colour of a tile in the start menu?: Hey, So I tried to pin the Elite Dangerous launcher to my start menu, turns out to be white or very light grey, which breaks the entire grey / dark scheme I have going on. I tried creating an 'EDLaunch.VisualElementsManifest.xml' with these parameters; <Application...
  6. Change colour icon (start icons only)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change colour icon (start icons only): i just reset the pc and now i have black start icons on a black background, how can i change ONLY the icons of a different color? (taskbar must remain black) If i try to change it from settings, it changes the taskbar too. submitted by /u/DanBrandszy [link] [comments]...
  7. Start menu not changing colours

Start menu not changing colours: [ATTACH] Like in the picture my start menu background is not the same color as my accent color And yes i made sure the "show accent on start menu taskbar" is ticked...
  8. Icons on start menu disappears

Icons on start menu disappears: Hi! I'm having an issue where some the icons of the programs/apps I have pinned in the start menu disappears. Usually it's the chrome icon missing but it can change and be different ones every time I restart the computer. The icon shows up again after I select properties...
  9. Start menu icons disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons disappear: Some-to-most of my start menu icons keep disappearing. There's still a box there and if I hover over it, it will identify, and I can open the program by clicking on it. But the icon itself is gone. 112866
  10. Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts' icons disappear in Start Menu: Whenever I move shortcuts to a folder in the Start Menu, a lot of times the icon turns into what appears to be a white blank sheet of paper. I've tried changing the icon, to no avail. They show up just fine in the Start Menu, just not in File Explorer. How do I fix this? 82451