Windows 10: Start menu icons rearrange themselves

Discus and support Start menu icons rearrange themselves in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosta, Sep 11, 2015.

1. kosta Win User

Start menu icons rearrange themselves

Hello,

I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why.

My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve.
    Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single reasons some days or weeks later, same thing again.

Any idea what might be causing this and...

Is there a way to save the arrangement, so I can pull it back kinda like a backup, in more or less few clicks?

Thanks!!

PS. VERY annoying feature...

:)

kosta, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Alexcs165 Win User

Icons rearranging by themselves

Yeterday my Desktop and folder icons started rearranging by themselves everytime I refresh or restart my PC. What can I do and why ddid they start rearranging themselve only now?

Alexcs165, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Desktop icons rearranging themselves upon reboot (windows 10)

Hi Vindh.V

This rearranging problem is not due to auto arrange, i have auto arrange off, the desktop icons still rearrange themselves

Fa wrenchong, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Start menu icons rearrange themselves

1. Start menu icons rearrange themselves - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves: Lately, my Windows desktop icons have periodically and at random rearranged and re-sorted themselves.It looks like at arbitrary times, This PC and the Recycle Bin, which are traditionally at the top left hand corner of the desktop now shift downwards. The icons re-sort...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves: Lately, my Windows desktop icons have periodically and at random rearranged and re-sorted themselves.It looks like at arbitrary times, This PC and the Recycle Bin, which are traditionally at the top left hand corner of the desktop now shift downwards. The icons re-sort...
  4. Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor.: Hi everyone. I recently got a new monitor that upgraded from the resolution 1680 x 1050 to 1920x1080. The problem I'm having is that the icons seem to be stuck in the old resolution. Whenever I change my icons' locations, they always reset after a restart. I've configured...
  5. Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot: I'm on Windows 10 2004 Update Build 19041.746 This started happening recently, my desktop icons is always rearranging themselves after every restart. i have arranged them many times as i need and whenever i restart, they comeback to the weird arranging. Auto arrange...
  6. Desktop Icons Automatically Rearrange Themselves on Restart or Sign Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Automatically Rearrange Themselves on Restart or Sign Out: my desktop Icons reset themselves automatically to some fixed position when restart my pc. I've tried doing the theme icon uncheck trick, but it did not work, I also deleted my icon cache, but that did not work. Idk this issue randomly popped up out of nowhere, the only thing...
  7. Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?

Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?: Ever since the most recent major Windows 10 update I guess a couple months ago?, every time I log in to my PC, a select few of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup, one is plugged into my GPU, the other is plugged to the motherboard. If I...
  8. can't rearrange certain icon in start menu

can't rearrange certain icon in start menu: Several of my icons in the start menu I can't move. I can resize them, but it won't allow me to move them. This applies for - documents folder - videos folder - pictures folder - downloads folder I can still rearrange all my other icons, such as - Dropbox folder -...
  9. STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.: Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app suggestion' tiles...
  10. How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?

How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?: It occurs after the computer is shut down and rebooted, but not after I merely restart the computer. I have already made sure that the “auto arrange icons” is unchecked, and the “IconCache” has been deleted. Because of visual problems I have to keep the “change the size...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves