Windows 10: Start menu icons rearrange themselves

Discus and support Start menu icons rearrange themselves in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosta, Sep 11, 2015.

1. kosta Win User

Start menu icons rearrange themselves

Hello,

I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why.

My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve.
    Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single reasons some days or weeks later, same thing again.

Any idea what might be causing this and...

Is there a way to save the arrangement, so I can pull it back kinda like a backup, in more or less few clicks?

Thanks!!

PS. VERY annoying feature...

:)

kosta, Sep 11, 2015
  2. Alexcs165 Win User

Icons rearranging by themselves

Yeterday my Desktop and folder icons started rearranging by themselves everytime I refresh or restart my PC. What can I do and why ddid they start rearranging themselve only now?

Alexcs165, Sep 11, 2015
  3. Desktop icons rearranging themselves upon reboot (windows 10)

Hi Vindh.V

This rearranging problem is not due to auto arrange, i have auto arrange off, the desktop icons still rearrange themselves

Fa wrenchong, Sep 11, 2015
Thema:

Start menu icons rearrange themselves

1. Start menu icons rearrange themselves - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Customization
    STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.: Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app suggestion' tiles...
  3. Start Menu Icons

Start Menu Icons: I have removed start menu icons, deactivated them, unistalled them etc. but they still keep being put back when i re-boot - how can I permanently remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/35135f11-b976-49d5-b380-c08cfde0787f
  4. rearrange icons on desktop

rearrange icons on desktop: On my Win 10 desktop I can move icons to any part of the grid with a left click-hold and drag. The setting is "Align icons to grid". My wife's Win 10 will not let the icon move at all. What needs to change...
  5. Start Menu Icons

Start Menu Icons: I just got my new computer. Trying to set it to my tastes. I've "unpinned from start" all the icons I don't want, and pinned the new icons I do want … and when I restart the machine, it reverts to the factory installed settings. This did not happen on my old machine. What's...
  6. Start Menu Icon

Start Menu Icon: I have got all of my Start Menu icons dissapeared after performing checkdisk. What should I do to return it? Screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/b34b5bef-0fab-4489-a478-986c8e25cc40
  7. How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?

How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?: It occurs after the computer is shut down and rebooted, but not after I merely restart the computer. I have already made sure that the “auto arrange icons” is unchecked, and the “IconCache” has been deleted. Because of visual problems I have to keep the “change the size...
  8. Start menu icons

Start menu icons: Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img] 12116
  9. Start menu icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons: When I pin a webpage to the start menu it shows up as blue square with a lowercase e. Is there anyway to customize the image of these pin squares in the start menu in order to identify them easily? 45157
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves