Windows 10: Start menu icons

Discus and support Start menu icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Urbwolf, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Urbwolf Win User

Start menu icons

Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half.

Start menu icons [​IMG]

:)

Urbwolf, Aug 2, 2015
  2. VivikaB. Win User

Start Menu icon

Since noon I have not been able to use the Start Menu Icon to deactivate or reactivate my PC. My only solution, for now, is Ctrl+Alt+ Delete. Any ideas on how has this happened or any suggestions to sort this out?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device

VivikaB., Aug 2, 2015
  3. start menu icons

Hi Hugh,

To better assist you, please provide the following:

• What is the model of your Microsoft phone?
    • Which Windows version is running on the device?

Keep us posted.

Josette Sal, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Start menu icons

I was have this problem too but it's gone somehow. Maybe Microsoft fix this with Windows Update. So be sure your pc is up the date.

FinalKenpachi, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Urbwolf Win User
    Yep all latest updates installed

Urbwolf, Aug 2, 2015
  6. All latest driver instaled too?

7. Urbwolf Win User
    Yes everything is up to date.

Urbwolf, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Start menu icons

I don't know then. Because my problem gone itself. Dunno how to fix it sorry.

9. PAL
    pal Win User
    I've seen it too. It fixed itself. A cache-glitch, maybe.

10. Urbwolf Win User
    I guess ill have to wait and see if it fix's itself. Its not inhibiting anything just very annoying

Urbwolf, Aug 2, 2015
  11. mertzi Win User
    I have it on both of my PC's with windows 10 Pro. I think it only affects tiles for win32 software. I saw this in the insider preview as well and reported it. I think it's low priority for the devs because they wish we all relied solely on the ingenious "most used".

Edit: I see your tile for Edge is also glitched, so that rules out win32 only.

mertzi, Aug 3, 2015
  12. Urbwolf Win User
    Yea it is happening on both my computers both x64 both same set up except for gc's being different.

Urbwolf, Aug 3, 2015
  13. Start menu icons

This is likely an issue with your graphics driver. I would uninstall all graphics drivers (that includes Nvidia/AMD and/or Intel) with DDU and reinstall. If current drivers still don't solve the issue, you can try the above method with old Win 8.1 drivers such as 344.75 or 347.88 (these two are drivers that people have reported work well in Win 10).

fracking4oil, Aug 3, 2015
  14. mertzi Win User
    I don't think it's GPU driver related. I saw these glitches on a VM and now on a NUC with intel graphics and a desktop with an old AMD card.

@Urbwolf Do you use RDP? I had a suspicion it was caused by constant re-scaling. I use RDP at work from various screens, 1920x1080, 1366x768 and even a 1280x1024 4:3 screen. But if you don't use RDP then that rules out that too.

mertzi, Aug 3, 2015
  15. PAL
    pal Win User
    I had the problem without using rdp. About the driver... my problem went away without touching any driver.

Thema:

Start menu icons

1. Start menu icons - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons: start menus icons changed with windows 11 22 h2 update. how can i restore to 22h1 start menu icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/a5eaccf3-b1da-4e9a-8f4a-592f288fc942
  3. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  4. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  5. Start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons: When I install something from the Windows Store and click on PIN TO START, an empty icon that does not respond to a click appears. I tried many solutions, but the problem remained. 180404
  6. Icons in Start Menu

Icons in Start Menu: I recently had to clean install Windows 10 20H2, using a bootable usb, due to some problems. But after I installed it, I saw that the icons were completely different....Like this...given below [ATTACH] I have checked for updates, but there are no KB..... updates, only...
  7. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  8. Start Menu icons

Start Menu icons: Why would about half of the icons in my Start Menu turn orange? System is three years old and has had no recent changes or disruptions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/f64106f6-89fd-4529-aade-0ce2b2c443dd
  9. Start Menu Icons

Start Menu Icons: I just got my new computer. Trying to set it to my tastes. I've "unpinned from start" all the icons I don't want, and pinned the new icons I do want … and when I restart the machine, it reverts to the factory installed settings. This did not happen on my old machine. What's...
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601