Windows 10: Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

Discus and support Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I installed the latest Creators Update, but apps/programs I installed (e.g. Chrome, Office, Netflix) have disappeared from the start menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcm7, Apr 11, 2017.

1. jcm7 Win User

Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

Hi all,

I installed the latest Creators Update, but apps/programs I installed (e.g. Chrome, Office, Netflix) have disappeared from the start menu. They will appear in the search in the start menu, but installed apps like Netflix will not open.

I have already tried this: Reset Start Layout in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Customization Tutorials .

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

2. ChakLong Win User

Windows 10 Start menu broken, not updating properly

Hi, for some reason my Windows 10 start menu isn't updating properly. If I uninstall a program/app, it still shows up in the 'All Apps' list, and left/right-clicking the uninstalled app doesn't do anything. I also had 'Recently Used' apps listed in the start
    menu, but no apps that I use actually get into the list, only the apps that are listed there by default (Get Started, People, Paint, Notepad). Things such as shortcuts also can't be pinned to the Startmenu. Also, some programs/apps just simply didn't show
    up at all.

However, for some reason if I install an app, it gets added to the 'All Apps' section, and I can also pin and move the app's tile around...

I installed a third-party Start menu and all of these issues were resolved, recently used programs were there, uninstalled programs didn't show up, and some missing programs were back. Does anyone know what the issue is with the default Windows 10 start
    menu? Is there some corrupt file I need to delete and have Windows recreate?

ChakLong, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    PLEASE HELPP ME ...

have you installed any third party start menu apps or edited the registry/group policy to remove the start tiles?

If you click on the 4 horizontal bars in the top left do you see any of the programs?

Time Lady, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

Hi jcm7. Welcome to the TenForums @jcm7

Could I suggest you try creating another user Id and see if the problem persists. While not an ideal solution if it works you can copy your data files over to the new id.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening

1. Start menu - installed/third-party apps/programs not showing/opening - Similar Threads - Start menu installed

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. install third party apps

install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  5. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  6. Windows 10 third party program starting issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 third party program starting issues: Dear Folks, Sometimes when i am working on windows 10 OS i face issues that my third party app is not starting .Even system is not restart/shutdown from there. Kindly give the exact solution for the issue....
  7. Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application

in Cortana
    Windows start menu and microsoft edge not working after installing third party application: i installed a third party theme "flat_color_w10_iconpack_by_alexgal23-d98fnp4" on windows 10 pro after the restart my microsoft edge dissappeared when you try to click it it shows a message "class not registered", also the windows button and icon are no longer responding.I...
  8. download of third party apps

download of third party apps: I try to download an app from anywhere else (but the Microsoft store) and windows denies the download (pretending security reasons?) how is that possible? how to avoid?...
  9. installed program not showing in start menu

installed program not showing in start menu: have installed Aome hdd manager on my W10 PC and laptop. on the PCs it appears in the start menu and also as an icon in the start menu. but on the laptop it is not showing, have uninstalled and reinstalled and created a shortcut from the installed .exe file then chose...
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...