Windows 10: Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load

Discus and support Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This problem has only started in the past week. Prior to this, the start menu was fine as normal. Now, there is a 2 second delay between my clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThereAllIsAchin, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load

This problem has only started in the past week. Prior to this, the start menu was fine as normal. Now, there is a 2 second delay between my clicking on it and it opening up. Possibly related, previously logging in was a near-instantaneous process (I have a solid state drive for my OS) but now the login process takes a few seconds.

what's happening? Was it an update that did something or broke something? I have Cortana disabled

:)

ThereAllIsAchin, Aug 8, 2016

2. Typing is slow and freezes.

Typing an email or posting a comment is slow and stalls while loading every 2 or 3 seconds

CarlosPortillo09, Aug 8, 2016
  3. My Start Menu Is Slow, and my Desktop keeps refreshing?

Ok, so basically one by one:

Using windows 10, 64-bit

My Start Menu and Cortana are slow

I click on cortana, and can spell one letter before she lags out, and provides my search results 15 seconds later

My start menu takes like 5 seconds to load up

Is that normal?

My desktop keeps reloading?

First my taskbar becomes obsolete, I cant click on it or anything it just sits there frozen.

Then it turns black

Then My desktop is black

Then it reloads, and my programs are re arranged into an earlier stage

Is all this normal? If not, whats wrong? How can I fix it?

roguehamster2073, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2016
  5. Problem apparently resolved after I ran Windows Update manually and installed everything. Still don't know what exactly caused this but update apparently fixed it

ThereAllIsAchin, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Glad you were able to get it sorted.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load

1. Start menu is 2 seconds slow to load - Similar Threads - Start menu seconds

2. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  3. windows 10 slow start menu on start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 slow start menu on start: Hello, it seems last post was blocked but user clearly said problem in not fixed and i have same form time to time. onece a month maybeI was able to see something that may be small tip to devs. While start menu couldnt be working i was able to observe on task manager that in...
  4. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow: 1. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up the computer2. Even after Start Menu shows up, the Search is also too slow to use at all.I tried deleting all the deletable windows updates. Nothing worked so far.This question was asked by someone else 3 years ago...
  5. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up, Search is also too slow: 1. Start Menu is too slow to load after booting up the computer2. Even after Start Menu shows up, the Search is also too slow to use at all.I tried deleting all the deletable windows updates. Nothing worked so far.This question was asked by someone else 3 years ago...
  6. MS Jigsaw loads for 2 seconds then disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Jigsaw loads for 2 seconds then disappears: Just upgraded my PC new desktop gaming machine and downloaded MS Jigsaw..I can see it splash and then disappear. Have installed, uninstalled used the troubleshooter, rebooted and still the same problem disabled norton, same problem did all the windows updates, same...
  7. Start menu slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu slow: The start menu is too slow it always takes 2-3 seconds to open video please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-slow/0f997e3b-8a1a-4e91-8790-42293dd25204
  8. Start menu slow and sluggish

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu slow and sluggish: Hi, I've been using my laptop for 1 year. and over the past month the start menu has been very slow to startup when i click on it or press the windows key. Like 4-5 or sometimes even up to 10 seconds wait for it to pop up. typing in search seems to be very slow too, the text...
  9. Settings menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings menu slow to load: I just got a new i7 Surface Laptop and imaged it with MDT at work using our Enterprise version of the Anniversary Update. The first thing I did was to run all the updates which upgraded me to the Creators update. I now notice, not sure when it started, that the Settings app...
  10. "Open With" context Menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load: Hi all, so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the...