Windows 10: Start Menu is Not Responding to All What i do

Discus and support Start Menu is Not Responding to All What i do in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I Cant do Anything like Pin to Start or Change Settings in Personalization. Its Broken Any Help Please ? 90791 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gunzorla, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Gunzorla Win User

Start Menu is Not Responding to All What i do

I Cant do Anything like Pin to Start or Change Settings in Personalization. Its Broken

Any Help Please ?

:)

Gunzorla, Aug 7, 2017

2. Start menu is not responding

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what exactly happen when you click on start menu?

For now, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.
    I suggest you to run SFC scan. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files and
    DISM to fix things SFC cannot. Follow the below link on how to run SFC scan.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

You can also visit the below link for more information.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Hope this helps. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Start menu is not responding

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

You may save your files in a external hard drive or any place where the data is safe from deletion. Also, you can sign into One drive using your Microsoft account and you can save the files in one drive.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance

Amarjeet_Paul, Aug 7, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Open administrative command prompt using these keyboard commands:
    1) win + x (simultaneously)
    2) a
    3) alt + y (simultaneously)
    Administrative command prompt should now be open.
    Type these commands:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) chkdsk /scan
    4) net user test /add
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) shutdown /r
    7) when the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test
    8) evaluate the start menu and report the results into the thread

9) see the troubleshooting links below for additional steps:

[How To] Re-register Start Menu In Windows 10: https://www.kapilarya.com/re-register-start-menu-windows-10

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-menu-cortana

zbook, Aug 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Start Menu is Not Responding to All What i do - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responding

2. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  3. Start menu and settings are not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and settings are not responding.: I upgraded with windows 11 22H2, but there was some problem with the drivers so I installed them manually but now my star and some other taskbar icons are not working, also not able to go into settings, there are also no notifications. Start process from task manager is gone...
  4. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  5. not responding start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not responding start menu: My start menu is not quite working properly. It will open couple of seconds when I click it and it will freeze. When I click on the apps it will also take some time to respond and sometimes I need to close the apps in the task manager and do it again...
  6. not responding start menu

7. Start menu not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not responding: Whenever I open the start menu, it works for a few seconds (but can't open any applications) and stops responding and finally closes automatically. The start menu can no longer be used to open any applications. The search bar, if not opened with the start menu opened, works...
  8. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise: I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc...
  9. "All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click

"All Apps" Menu Items Do Not Respond to Right-click: As with the right side of my Start Menu, all icons on my user-installed software picks have also disappeared on the "All Apps" menu. And I am unable to make any of the choices a right-click should offer. Nothing happens if a right-click is used, even on Windows supplied menu...
  10. 'All apps' in Windows menu not responding

'All apps' in Windows menu not responding: When I click 'all apps' in the Windows menu it doesn't respond when scrolling or clicking a program. I can however use the TAB/DOWN/UP keys to scroll through the list and use ENTER to start the program. Is there any fix for this? 40569