Windows 10: Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar

Discus and support Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys! i need some help. there was this time where i was playing dota 2 and then i accidentally pressed something which i think was the mixture of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patch, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Patch Win User

Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar

Hi guys! i need some help. there was this time where i was playing dota 2 and then i accidentally pressed something which i think was the mixture of the ESC CTRL and the windows button ( not sure though) and then the problem started appearing. it's not the charm bar that appears but the actual START MENU and because of this i can't play well. also when i return to the game i can't press anything i have to CTRL+ESC and CTRL+ESC again for it to work. i need help
    T.T*Sleepy*Sleepy*cry*cry

:)

Patch, Aug 3, 2015

2. Menu bar pops up randomly in Windows 10

I recently installed Windows 10. Looks good but the menu bar keeps popping up randomly as if I've pressed the start menu button at bottom left.

This is not the charms bar (whatever that is and I see in other posts). I don't have to be using the computer either and it still pops up. For example I might be reading or scribbling away and without touching my computer (a new Asus laptop) the menu bar
    pops up. Of course, it also happens when I'm using the computer as well.

It is quite irritating.

I've read other forums and people say turn off the "3-finger mouse pad touch" or "the swipe to the right feature of the mouse pad". Tried the first one, doesn't make a difference. Don't have the second feature. Anyway, it happens when I'm not even touching/using
    the computer anyway.

Please help. It really is irritating.

Thanks.

Robin

Robin Eyre, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Initial start up bar on left missing

Is it the
    Charms Bar
    you are looking for?

If not, share more info to guide you better.

OneOption0, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar

1. Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar - Similar Threads - Start Menu popping

2. Windows 10 Charms Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Charms Menu: The official Microsoft shortcuts page claims that the combination of the Windows key, Shift and C will open a 'charms menu' but what is the charms menu and does this shortcut still work?...
  3. Windows 10 Charms Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Charms Menu: The official Microsoft shortcuts page claims that the combination of the Windows key, Shift and C will open a 'charms menu' but what is the charms menu and does this shortcut still work?...
  4. Start menu keeps popping up

Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  5. Charms-bar in Windows 10?

Charms-bar in Windows 10?: Is there a way to use the charms bar from Windows 8 in Windows 10? It doesn't matter if you have to download it first. If there is a program that does what it does then please link to it. Charms-bar in Windows 10?
  6. The Charms bar

The Charms bar: Is it possible to disable the charms bar in 8.1 so that it doesn't keep popping up? I never use it. 7294
  7. Charms Bar Missing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Charms Bar Missing...: When I put my cursor up to the top right corner of my screen, shouldn't the charms bar appear? or was it removed? I'm using Windows 10 build 9879.. 3336
  8. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...
  9. How to Disable the Charms Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable the Charms Bar: I had to factory reset my computer a few days ago, I seem to have to do it every two years or so, and now the "Charms Bar" is greatly hindering my movement! Every time I move my mouse around, there's a 75% chance that the bar will pop up and I will have to click away to close...
  10. charms bar

in Windows 10 Support
    charms bar: any chance of coming up with something that restores the charms bar? 2447