Windows 10: Start menu items...

Discus and support Start menu items... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Funkyecat, May 14, 2018.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Start menu items...

When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday.

:)

Funkyecat, May 14, 2018

2. No items in start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

First I would suggest you to click on all apps in start menu and see if you can find the apps there, if yes then right click on the app and select Pin to start.

If the issue persist then I would suggest you to run sfc scan and check if it helps:

The “sfc /scannow” command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from
    that menu.

b) On the command prompt window, type the following command, and then press “Enter

sfc /scannow

c) Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the scan.

If still the issue persist run DISM and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 14, 2018
  3. No items in start menu

Hi,

It is unfortunate that you have to roll back to Windows 7 and re-install Windows 10. Thank you for getting us back and letting us know it is working fine now.
    If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thanks

Billion Debbarma, May 14, 2018
Thema:

Start menu items...

1. Start menu items... - Similar Threads - Start menu items

2. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  3. Unnamed Start Menu Item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unnamed Start Menu Item: Hi, Under the "Other" section of my start menu is an item with no logo, "ms-resourceAppListName" which is a bit unsightly. If I click on it, it launches the People app. I can't find a way to restore the title and icon and it seems I can't uninstall the app even though I...
  4. Broken item in Start Menu

Broken item in Start Menu: Hi Please could someone assist me with removing the following item in my Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-item-in-start-menu/7aa56942-3cde-49d1-a75a-38afb23a89f1
  5. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  6. Start menu "recent items"

Start menu "recent items": Hi, I have "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" set to Off (in the Personalization -> Start section of PC seetings), but recently opened items still appear. If I turn the setting "On, and then "Off" again, it clears the lists. But ultimately,...
  7. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  8. Blank start menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank start menu items: See picture. For some reason many icons have no picture and are left blank. Any idea how to fix this? [img] 23700
  9. Adding recent items to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding recent items to start menu: Hi, Does anyone know where I can find the settings for the Start menu of Windows X? I forgot where it is. I managed to put a link of the download folder in the start menu. Forgot how I did that in the first place. Thanks. 16448
  10. Organizing Start Menu items

in Windows 10 Support
    Organizing Start Menu items: Hi. New to this forum, I was a previous member of the Seven Forums for years. I have just installed 10 and like what I see so far. Does anyone know how to: - Organize your Start Menu (i.e. delete folders and create your own folders). I am unable to right click to get...