Windows 10: Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script

Discus and support Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello it's possible at the logon change the start menu, add or remove a tile in the start layout ?? Or is possible on the left side in start menu in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mun166, Apr 20, 2016.

1. mun166 Win User

Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script

Hello
    it's possible at the logon change the start menu, add or remove a tile in the start layout ??
    Or is possible on the left side in start menu in the "Most used" make my link ??

:)

mun166, Apr 20, 2016

2. Pinning programs to start, removing tiles/shortcuts from start in Win 10 via script

I need to deploy scripts out that that manipulate the menu on user logon (basically a netlogon script)

I still want users to have the flexibility to modify the start menu, so i don't think i can use the gpo "start layout" since it becomes unmodifiable

any scripts out there that can manipulate the menu? (not necessarily kixtart, but can be used in a login script, so the ability to run unsigned powershell scripts must be enabled somehow if its powerscript i think)

basically. after win10 is installed , a whole load of bloatware is included

I want to remove

• Live at a glance (text line), calendar, mail, photos, weather, phone companion, OneNote

• Play and Explore (text line), xbox, groove music, movies & tv, money, news, Get Office
    I then want to pin to start

• outlook2010/2013, word 2010/2013, excel 2010/2013, powerpoint 2010/2013,

• Control Panel (the old style), Windows Update, Devices and Printers) (optional but nice if doable. just a QOL thing)

for win7, I'm using allan's PinTo kixtart script. its not working for win 8.1/10 obviously.

I seriously feel i should simply just deploy classic shell and be done with it. 8)

loupgarou24., Apr 20, 2016
  3. free780_1 Win User
    Export-Startlayout possible bug 1607

Just in case anyone gets this issue.

Set up Reference VM, image with normal image, disable pushing out a layout via GPO.

Logon as a local admin, a local profile.

Design your layout.

Run Export-StartLayout.

Put the xml file somewhere where users have read access. \\server\layouts\layout.xml

GPP the xml file to the c drive to a folder where the users have read access. c:\it\layout.xml

GPP any shortcuts into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs on the client PCs. . Make sure all paths match up to when you created the layout. You can edit the xml, but you cant use unc paths.

Add the xml file to the gpo for the start layout. c:\it\layout.xml

I've only done this on the computer not user setting.

I left the existing start menu redirect on.

Hopefully this will fixed in 1703.

free780_1, Apr 20, 2016
  4. mykou Win User

mykou, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Start Menu Layout - Modify via Logon Script - Similar Threads - Start Menu Layout

2. Start Menu Layout Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Layout Problem: It isn't really looking right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-layout-problem/8ff03efc-d7b8-4eee-b788-6f820de9128e
  3. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  4. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Layout via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Layout via GPO: Hi!I am planning to enforce a GPO for the company I work with so that all workstations will have the same start menu layout design.I have managed to successfully deploy this via GPO however the small issue I encounter is that when an application gets deleted/uninstalled it...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Layout via GPO

Windows 10 Start Menu Layout via GPO: Hi!I am planning to enforce a GPO for the company I work with so that all workstations will have the same start menu layout design.I have managed to successfully deploy this via GPO however the small issue I encounter is that when an application gets deleted/uninstalled it...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Layout via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...
  9. Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Layout: LayoutModification.xml?: Hi Everyone, I am trying to do something very simple (I assume) and change the default Start Menu Pinned Tile Group column number from 6 to 3 in order to further resize the start menu and remove a blank gap. See this picture and note the unnecessary blank portion: [img] I...
  10. Start menu layout

Start menu layout: Is there a way to reset the start menu layout? Like when you start a new user? I'm using windows 10 version 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-menu-layout/a51f03a8-cc0c-4d8f-82df-8c2de79651a1