Windows 10: Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize

Discus and support Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hope this hasn't been already asked. I'm trying to get my "Start Menu" to look similar to the below right image. I've read tutorials and I simply do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gbates, Aug 14, 2015.

1. gbates Win User

Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize

I hope this hasn't been already asked. I'm trying to get my "Start Menu" to look similar to the below right image. I've read tutorials and I simply do not have or can not find the "Customize Start Menu" dialogue box. I am currently running the final release of Windows 10 Enterprise x64. Any help would be incredible!!

Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize [​IMG]

:)

gbates, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Kyler1 Win User

Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

except it is incomplete no option to Clear Personal Info off live tiles.

MS are making it stupidly hard to disable live tikes globally.

not everyone needs or has bandwidth available to waste. guess i keep searching

Kyler1, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

Hi

The Start Menu tab has been removed in this version of Windows 10.

You will find the available Start Menu options in Settings / Personalization / Start.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Aug 14, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

Build 10240 Enterprise does not look like your screenshot.
    What build are you using? Perhaps look into getting RTM build 10240.

5. gbates Win User
    Hi nt62, thanks for your response. Your correct, those screen shots are from websites that talk about customizing the Start Menu. I've seen the same thing on many websites. Are you leading me to believe Microsoft has removed such customization in newer builds? See my Run -> Winver results and Taskbar and Start Menu Properties screen shots.

gbates, Aug 14, 2015
  6. nt62 Win User
    I have to switch my ssd to 10 to post a screen shot.
    Currently running build 9200.
    Back in a moment.

7. Is this what you're looking for?:

Settings -> Personalization -> Start -> Choose which folders appear on Start

fracking4oil, Aug 14, 2015
  8. nt62 Win User

Yes fracking4oil has it.

9. nt62 Win User
    Some items have changed. If you want other stuff,
    it will need to be pinned to the right side of the menu as a tile.

Or some other menu manipulation can happen on the left side,
    if you want to use the File Explorer and locate the start menu folder locations.

10. gbates Win User
    Thanks guys!!! I just found also that the Customize Start Menu was removed in earlier builds which gave the user more control over the Start Menu. I hadn't found that other menu though so cheers!

I would really like to try out Start10 --> Start10, the first Windows 10 Start menu alternative! I'm too cheap though!

gbates, Aug 14, 2015
  11. gbates Win User
    Awesome!!! This guy is a happy camper lmao.

gbates, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu - Missing Customization Menu / Personalize - Similar Threads - Start Menu Missing

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  4. Customizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  5. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  6. Customize Start Menu

Customize Start Menu: Greetings, Is it possible to customize the Start menu? Specifically, I want to move "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader" to a custom folder. I was able to create an Adobe folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Normally, I can...
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  9. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926
  10. Customized Start Menu Icon Missing

Customized Start Menu Icon Missing: We have a customized start menu pushed out via group policy. Our machines are also built via Audit mode and sysprep so very "cookie cutter" We have one user who reported after an application crash they rebooted the machine and now one of the icons from the pushed start menu...