Windows 10: Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

Discus and support Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by talkinggoat, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an administrator, in the administrator group, for the local computer. I have tried running sfc and chkdsk, neither of which show any problems. Any Ideas?

:)

talkinggoat, Dec 18, 2017

2. Start menu popping up

my start menu keeps popping up without touching any key and in certain intervals.

It happens whether I am working or not. Appreciate somebody can help me. It really irritates when I am busy working with something.

SibyJoy Mannath, Dec 18, 2017
  3. issue with windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Now that my system update is completed today, I am unable to open the start button. If click on the start button there is no start up menu popping up.

RonaldPereira2790, Dec 18, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

Helps to see a screenshot.

bro67, Dec 18, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Hmm, what was the question again? See your first post.

bro67, Dec 18, 2017
  6. Hover over the start menu. Don't click on it.

That's what it's doing, but when I click on it. Screenshot not necessary.

talkinggoat, Dec 18, 2017
  7. I solved the problem by completely deleting and re-creating the account. Don't forget to delete the account from the registry.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

talkinggoat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

1. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up - Similar Threads - Start Menu Opening

2. Start menu keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  3. windows start menu pops up randomly.

windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  4. When I click the start menu, this pops up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I click the start menu, this pops up: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/teamclark07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzc5o3/when_i_click_the_start_menu_this_pops_up/
  5. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  6. Pop-ups at start up

Pop-ups at start up: At start up I keep getting pop-ups asking me to share additional information with HP. It is incredibly irritating. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-ups-at-start-up/9152e1ee-8572-4436-9166-84c4b5180542
  7. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  8. Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.

in Cortana
    Search box keeps popping up when I open the Start menu.: Just like the title says, the search box keeps popping up on top of the Start menu when I click the Start button or tap the Windows key. This is most likely to happen when the Start menu has refreshed itself (like after Windows startup or after closing a game). I've tried...
  9. Start Menu pop-unders

Start Menu pop-unders: Whenever I launch any Store-based application or Settings from the Start Menu, the application opens underneath all open windows and the Start Menu does not close. Win32 applications work normally: the Start Menu closes and the application opens on top of all windows....
  10. Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is the one popping up NOT the Charm bar: Hi guys! i need some help. there was this time where i was playing dota 2 and then i accidentally pressed something which i think was the mixture of the ESC CTRL and the windows button ( not sure though) and then the problem started appearing. it's not the charm bar that...