Windows 10: start menu not opening since yesterday

Discus and support start menu not opening since yesterday in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello , My windows 10 was working fine till yesterday . But now i have met with a problem . The problem is that my start menu is not opening from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZainZakie, Jan 13, 2016.

1. ZainZakie Win User

start menu not opening since yesterday

Hello , My windows 10 was working fine till yesterday . But now i have met with a problem . The problem is that my start menu is not opening from yesterday . Store, Microsoft Edge and Cortana are also not opening . What to do ? Help me please ....

:)

ZainZakie, Jan 13, 2016

2. "Class not registered" error

Hi Greg:

Thanks for your prompt response yesterday. I tried everything you suggested but I was only able to Boot into Safe Mode. I was not able to run the Troubleshooter since the Start button is not working and I'm not able to open the Start Menu. I could not open
    Settings either to repair Office.

How can I start the troubleshooter without opening the Start Menu?

Sonilopani, Jan 13, 2016
  3. ifajab Win User
    Start menu wont open in Windows 10

Original title: Start Menu button not working_Not able to Open when click

I just bought Acer PC with Window 10..all the while been fine but since yesterday I am not able to click on Start Menu for Microsoft.

Please assist me urgently.

Thank you.

ifajab, Jan 13, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Archie123, Jan 13, 2016
  5. If its any Consolation, I've got the same problem!

Cyberdesigner, Jan 13, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    did you recently install any updates for windows?

Archie123, Jan 13, 2016
  7. Not on purpose, Windows just seems to install them whether I like it or not.

I've got the 'Home Edition' How can I turn the Updates off?

8. start menu not opening since yesterday

I had to do yet another Clean Install, in order to get back on line.

While I know that there are fixes, for me this is the easiest way that I know is going to work, until the next time!

9. sunberg Win User
    When icons on taskbar (Start, Edge, Store, notifications...) become unresponsive, right click on Start menu icon and select Reboot (not Shutdown!!). Full reboot should at least temporarily fix this issue.

sunberg, Jan 13, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Do a system restore. Pick a date when you did NOT have this problem as your restore point. It would be a few days BEFORE the "yesterday"
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jan 13, 2016
  11. Thanks I will try and remember that

12. Archie123 Win User
    Type update in search bar one of the options will be manage update settings and you can change settings there *Smile

Archie123, Jan 14, 2016
  13. ZainZakie Win User

Windows 10 is really bad . It has major flaws like losing data in updates, start menu , cortana, edge and store are not working . i googled and found the way but the working of start menu was partial . it's not working again even with the method i found on google . Now , moving to Windows 7 .

ZainZakie, Jan 14, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    I asked you to do a system restore.
    Any reason you rejected the suggestion ?

davidhk, Jan 14, 2016
  15. Hi Archie

I'm not sure what search bar you are referring to, where do I find it please.

Cyberdesigner, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

1. start menu not opening since yesterday - Similar Threads - start menu opening

2. Cannot open mail since yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open mail since yesterday: Cannot open or access secondary email addresses since yesterday?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mail-since-yesterday/967b6b9e-993a-4537-ab67-cfc26da2da68
  3. Cannot open mail since yesterday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open mail since yesterday: Cannot open or access secondary email addresses since yesterday?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mail-since-yesterday/967b6b9e-993a-4537-ab67-cfc26da2da68
  4. Cannot open mail since yesterday

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Start Menu is not opening

Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  6. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  7. Start menu starts opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu starts opening randomly.: Hi! I have a windows tablet with broken touch that goes crazy sometimes, so i have disabled it. When im using tablet the start menu opens randomly sometimes. Is there a fix? submitted by /u/vukasin123king [link] [comments]...
  8. Frequent BSOD since yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD since yesterday: Since last night I've been getting Blue Screen of Death whenever I'm playing a game. The error messages in the Blue Screen of Death were "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER". I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version installed on my PC. Can you help me...
  9. Start Menu, Notifications, Edge not opening since latest update

Start Menu, Notifications, Edge not opening since latest update: Hi all, I'm brand spanking new to this forum, so if this issue has already been posted by someone else, I apologize. Since the most recent update/update attempt (either 10/4/16 or 10/5/16, not sure which day), I can no longer open Start Menu, Notifications, Edge, Windows...
  10. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...