Windows 10: Start Menu not opening

Discus and support Start Menu not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Giraffizard, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Start Menu not opening

Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error "Invalid value for registry". I tried opening it from the notifications button but that doesn't launch at all. I am out of ideas. I am trying to avoid reinstalling the system.

I have tried
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    Ran multiple different virus scanners.

This computer is running Build 10240
    AMD Phenom II 1045T Processor
    8Gb of Ram

:)

Giraffizard, Oct 16, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Right Click Start Menu Not Opening Context Menu - WINDOWS 10

Great find. I tried this and it worked perfect. Quick and easy.

I've been struggling for 2 days to get this fixed. Microsoft support were of no help at all. The tool is called Win-X menu editor for Windows 8. Works fine in 10 though.

NorwayNate, Oct 16, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

Start Menu not opening

JohnC, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu not opening

1. Start Menu not opening - Similar Threads - Start Menu opening

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  4. Start menu won’t open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu won’t open: Im in windows 10 and my start menu won’t open for som reason and I can’t update windows. submitted by /u/iHateCollageAlot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhb722/start_menu_wont_open/
  5. Start menu starts opening randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu starts opening randomly.: Hi! I have a windows tablet with broken touch that goes crazy sometimes, so i have disabled it. When im using tablet the start menu opens randomly sometimes. Is there a fix? submitted by /u/vukasin123king [link] [comments]...
  6. Start Menu won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu won't open: The start menu won't open on my computer. I checked the Windows System log and found: Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.423_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "2147958016" Happened...
  7. Start Menu Appearance On Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Appearance On Open: Hello everyone. I've loved this sight and its Windows 7 counterpart for long time. Thank you for all the work you do and for the information you provide. My question is can I make the Start Menu open up like what is shown in the image below, instead of the long list of...
  8. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  9. Cannot open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open start menu: Hello, I have relocated my Users directory during the installation of Windows to another drive using tutorial from this forum. Everything worked perfectly. Then I wanted to upgrade the build, however due to the relocated User directory, the update failed. So I edited the...
  10. Problems with the Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Start Menu not opening: Hi! I've looked through and ran various troubleshooters I was able to find regarding the Start Menu which refuses to open since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Needless to say, none of them worked, so here I am. The problem, however, runs deeper than just the...