Windows 10: Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

Discus and support Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Jun 11, 2018.

1. sparker781 Win User

Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc /scannow and it found but was unable to fix corrupted files.

I am not sure what else to try at this point and am hoping someone has an idea I can throw out

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Jun 11, 2018
  2. RuthanneBrown Win User

start menu not responding

start menu does not respond can go to edge icon to access windows help start menu suggest go to ms-settings and check ok response was could not find, ran troubleshooter response was required applications are not installed correctly-not fixed. this has
    happened in the past and usually fixes itself at some point. help also suggest checking for updates but do not know how to access check for updates?

RuthanneBrown, Jun 11, 2018
  3. LesGrant42 Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

1. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responding

2. Windows Applications (Including Taskbar and Start Menu) Do Not Respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Applications (Including Taskbar and Start Menu) Do Not Respond: This is a problem I've been having with Windows 10 since I upgraded from 7 and honestly it's making me want to reinstall 7 again. Every so often, normally after only a few minutes, any windows applications that are open, including photos, the task manager or even the task...
  3. Taskbar and Start Menu frequently not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar and Start Menu frequently not responding: I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro, up to date, on an Intel i5-6500 processor and Gigabyte H170-Gaming 3 motherboard. I've only been having this problem in the last month or so, having used the Windows installation for about a year previously. The Taskbar and Start Menu...
  4. Start Menu is Not Responding to All What i do

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu is Not Responding to All What i do: I Cant do Anything like Pin to Start or Change Settings in Personalization. Its Broken Any Help Please ? 90791
  5. Menu at bottom of screen stops responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu at bottom of screen stops responding: I have tried to install windows 10 three times now. every time I have the menu at the bottom of the screen will stop responding after a few start ups and I can't use my dvd rw drive or usb drive. it says i don't have one. I'm running windows 7. would appreciate any help I...
  6. Start menu and taskbar are not responding after reverting to 10125

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and taskbar are not responding after reverting to 10125: Hi all, long story short: i updated to 10130 the other night but i had issues with networking (basically connected to limited networks or cant connect at all), so when i reverted back to 10125 (through windows recovery) i have an issue where when i click on start menu...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Start Menu Layouts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB Start Menu Layouts not working: Hello, I'm working on win 10 enterprise LTSB x64. I'm following the instructions on Start layout for Windows 10 desktop editions - Windows 10 hardware dev on how to make a start menu layout that I can deploy. Note: By default on Win 10 LTSB the icons in the start...
  8. Start Menu and seach window will not respond

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and seach window will not respond: I upgraded to 10 Home yesterday and everything seemed to work fine. Today after deleting several files from my photos the system hung and I had to do a power off reboot. After that the start menu wont come up and the search window won't accept any text. Right click on the...
  9. Menu does not respond after hibernation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu does not respond after hibernation.: Whenever my notebook returns from hibernation the menu no longer responds (when I click with the left mouse button anywhere on the taskbar or right in the start menu) nothing happens, but when I right button displays the menu dialogue. What makes me having to reboot the...
  10. Start menu, Cortana and explorer stop responding.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, Cortana and explorer stop responding.: I upgraded to 10 from 8.1 on Friday and everything worked great. Suddenly, on the following Monday afternoon Windows began to act up. Either at the desktop or while in a game, suddenly the start menu and Cortana will stop responding. Usually shortly thereafter Explorer will...