Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise

Discus and support Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sparker781, Jun 11, 2018.

1. sparker781 Win User

I imaged a new machine in my company's environment with Windows 10 Enterprise. Upon the user logging in to the machine, he reports his start menu not working. A reboot fixes the issue. Is there a solution other than rebooting the machine to fix this issue? I ran the sfc /scannow and it found but was unable to fix corrupted files.

I am not sure what else to try at this point and am hoping someone has an idea I can throw out

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Jun 11, 2018
  2. RuthanneBrown Win User

start menu not responding

start menu does not respond can go to edge icon to access windows help start menu suggest go to ms-settings and check ok response was could not find, ran troubleshooter response was required applications are not installed correctly-not fixed. this has
    happened in the past and usually fixes itself at some point. help also suggest checking for updates but do not know how to access check for updates?

RuthanneBrown, Jun 11, 2018
  3. LesGrant42 Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Start Menu Not Responding Enterprise - Similar Threads - Start Menu Responding

2. start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start up screen: everytime I turn my desktop on a big white square that says notepad appears on screen why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/start-up-screen/2ea60d68-856b-4eaa-aed4-4b7c591dacdd
  3. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....
  4. Start up

Start up: I am having an issue with my pc stsrting up. Everytime i turn it on it a blue screen appears saying that it could not start up correctly. I have tried restoring to an older system when it was working but apparently i do not have any saved. When i go in safe mode it allows me...
  5. How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How drag an icon to the quick start area of the Taskbar: I have a program icon on my Desktop and would like to drag it to the Quick Start area of the Taskbar (the area second from the right of the screen / to the left of the system tray or notification area.) I've tried left clicking and dragging - and right clicking and dragging -...
  6. All apps in Start menu missing some links/app

in Windows 10 Customization
    All apps in Start menu missing some links/app: To start some apps I put my personal links in a folder created in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". For example as administrator in DOS box md "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\My_Apps" copy *.lnk...
  7. Start Menu and Administrator Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Administrator Login: I have the latest version of windows 10 installed on my pc. It does not show start menu on clicking so i cant open settings. I cant fix this issue because Im the only user to operate this pc but im not the administrator. Please help me how to become administrator so that i...
  8. Windows 10 blue splash screen when starting in Assigned access mode

Windows 10 blue splash screen when starting in Assigned access mode: Hi folks, I have a uwp app set to run on assigned access mode. now when the device is on, before we get to the uwp app splash screen, there comes this blue loading screen of windows 10. I managed to change the color for that loading screen to black, but at the very...
  9. Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system

Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system: Hello, I can't find any information about this one so here it goes. My Windows 10 is a dual monitor system and I don't get this problem when both monitors are enabled but when I game I disable the secondary display and then on the primary display the Start menu will lose...
  10. Windows 10 machine with BSOD in under 30 seconds every boot, started after 1803 update

Windows 10 machine with BSOD in under 30 seconds every boot, started after 1803 update: I have a system running Windows 10 that is fairly new (less than 2 years old). When the 1803 update first came out it hosed the machine - it would not get through boot. I don't remember the details any more, but through searching the web stumbled upon something that worked,...