Windows 10: Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies

Discus and support Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; hi there, I noticed that quite often after watching a movie so with the PC doing an x job for a while, when you click on start menu or with Windows'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gabgab, Jun 1, 2018.

1. gabgab Win User

Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies

hi there,

I noticed that quite often after watching a movie so with the PC doing an x job for a while, when you click on start menu or with Windows' button, the menu would open without the bottom part for a few moments, for then loading the last bit eventually …. then if you reload it a second or third time and so on, it works normally.

Why does that happen? I don't think the PC is running low on memory at all.

thanks

:)

gabgab, Jun 1, 2018

2. Windows Movie Maker

Hello,

I do understand that you are facing issues in creating a movie file using movie maker.

I request you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

• Right click on Start menu.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Open Programs and Features.
    • Click on Windows essentials.
    • Select repair and follow the steps.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 12, 2018
  3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies

1. Start Menu opens cut without the bottom for a few seconds after movies - Similar Threads - Start Menu opens

2. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in: I have an MS Surface laptop with Windows Enterprise 11 installed and everything was fine until today when it wasn't. I plug my wired headphones into the socket every day for over a year without issue until today. When I plugged in the headphones while sound is playing I can...
  3. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in: I have an MS Surface laptop with Windows Enterprise 11 installed and everything was fine until today when it wasn't. I plug my wired headphones into the socket every day for over a year without issue until today. When I plugged in the headphones while sound is playing I can...
  4. Sound from headphones cuts out a few seconds after plugging them in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. when I click on a jpg image it opens as a short movie, plays for a few seconds and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I click on a jpg image it opens as a short movie, plays for a few seconds and then...: when I click on a jpg image it opens as a short movie, plays for a few seconds and then switches off. How do I view photos as jpgs? Doesn't do it with png photos....
  6. The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The search box disappears after a few seconds of opening it: I reinstalled windows 10 two days ago and tried to use the search box but every time I try to use it closes itself, I tried to update and reboot my computer but it is still not working, any help? submitted by /u/Yastron [link] [comments]...
  7. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started: Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae". Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and...
  8. Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.

Minecraft closes a few seconds after it opens.: So I just bought Minecraft for Windows 10 a few minutes ago, installed it and opened it. To my surprise it closed after a few seconds maybe 5 when I first opened it, and less than 3 after i repeated the process. I reinstalled it and even reset it but the problem still...
  9. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82
  10. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...