Windows 10: Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

Discus and support Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manolito Mystiq, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on the main (admin) account. It, however, has this glitch on a non-admin account, when opening one of the games on the Start Screen (or Menu: I tried both), that Start stays there after opening the program:

Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile [​IMG]

With right clicking and opening as admin (on the second non-admin account), the program, or one of them don’t open at all.

One other thing is, I installed the software on the admin account. Windows 10 is set to Dutch. The program folder is in English on the admin account, however. The folder is called “Games”.

On the other account, the folder is in Dutch: the folder is called “Onstpanning”.

I did not install on the second account, because one doesn’t have to, after having it installed on the main account, right?

:)

Manolito Mystiq, Aug 10, 2015

2. Sticky Notes Won't Open From Start Menu

I have performed the suggested commands. After doing that, I pinned Sticky Notes to my Start menu and clicked the tile. The notes appeared on my screen. I then closed Sticky Notes (Alt-F4) and clicked the tile in the Start menu again. As it had before the
    scan, the icon flashes on the taskbar, but goes away shortly afterward and the notes do not appear on my screen. After waiting, I clicked the icon on the left side of the Start menu and Sticky Notes opened. I then clicked the icon again, but Sticky Notes didn't
    open. The icon simply flashed on the taskbar. Strange

Here are the steps that I have found work for opening Sticky Notes repeatedly (although, they are rather tedious).

1. Pin it to the Start menu.

2. Right-click the tile.

3. Under More, click Rate and review.

4. Close the review dialog.

5. Click the Launch button from the Store application.

I clicked the Launch button and Sticky Notes launched with no problems. I then closed it and clicked Launch again. No problems

I then closed it and clicked Launch again. No problems

But:

1. Trying to open it from the Start menu fails most of the time.

2. [rather peculiar]: Microsoft Sticky Notes is nowhere to be found on the Store when I open the Store application via the live tile and search for Microsoft Sticky Notes. Also, I thought that perhaps uninstalling it and reinstalling Sticky Notes would help,
    but I cannot uninstall it.

Weird Odd Wodd, Aug 10, 2015
  3. "unpin from start" and "use start full screen" not working!

I'm using windows 10 home and i can't pin tiles on start menu.The tiles appears for 1sec and then the start menu closes and next time when i check, start menu doesn't show the tile.

Also when i switch the "use start full screen" option, it doesn't changes to full screen and it automatically disables the option.Every time i try to enabled it, it disables automatically.

rishabhkejriwal, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

I just tried on my own Windows 10 machine, but I have the exact same problem. My main account is in English.

The programs worked perfectly fine on Windows 8 with a second account. I will try other programs to see if the same problem occurs.

Manolito Mystiq, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

1. Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile - Similar Threads - Start Menu Start

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start menu wont auto close after clicking away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu wont auto close after clicking away: Hi there, I have a strange issue where my start menu will open just fine, but if i click away at something in the background, it will not auto close. It also wont close if I load something by clicking on an app inside the start menu. The start menu wil sit on top of/overlay...
  4. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  5. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help: Hi all, As per the thread title I have an issue where when I click on certain apps/tiles from my start menu which in this case is Steam and uPlay the application loads but the start menu stays open *Mad I have to click off it to close it & its starting to get a bit...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326