Windows 10: Start menu pin icon problem

Discus and support Start menu pin icon problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mahdi Obka, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Start menu pin icon problem

Hello dear ,

after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly .

when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app of the pic , not have any behavior , windows update and i install of the driver

i'm confused how can i fix this ?

Thanks.

Start menu pin icon problem d19e8929-0c04-4be4-be93-2106b9b7be4b?upload=true.png

:)

Mahdi Obka, Aug 27, 2018

2. Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Try removing that icon from the start menu, going to profram file folder for firefox, and doing "pin 2 start menu".

oli_ramsay, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Start menu pin icon problem

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Start menu pin icon problem

1. Start menu pin icon problem - Similar Threads - Start menu pin

2. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  3. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  4. Pin to start menu icon cache

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to start menu icon cache: Hey guys, I changed the Google Chrome icon with resource hacker and it changed just about everywhere. Rebuild icon cache and all is well now when i pin it to the start menu its the old icon.. is their a start menu cache icons file I have to remove ? 167021
  5. Start Menu Icon Problem

Start Menu Icon Problem: Hi. I installed the new version of Windows 10 and this happened to icons' appearance on my start menu and search section. A cross appears on each app and they flash when I hover the mouse pointer on them. I'm experiencing this not only in the start menu but also in lots of...
  6. Icon not working when pin to start menu

Icon not working when pin to start menu: If I change a icon to small that is pinned to start I loose the icon.It comes back if I change to medium, just started with new build 10586 31333
  7. Start Menu Icon Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Icon Problem: So I upgraded to Windows 10 and so far everything seems to be working fine however the one problem I've had is a problem with the icons for Google Chrome and Origin on the start menu. The Chrome icon is really over sized compared to what it should be and is on a black...
  8. Problem pinning apps to the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem pinning apps to the start menu: I posted this on the MS support forum . Can't pin programs to the Start Menu in Windows 10, unless they are present in the "All apps" menu. Neither by drag & drop, nor by right-clicking and selecting "Pin To Start". Received this reply.. wonderded if it was a known...
  9. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  10. How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?: I have a shortcut on the left-hand side of Start Menu that opens my Gmail in a Chrome window. This shortcut is actually a shortcut to chrome.exe with a bunch of command-line arguments that make it open my Gmail page right away. The shortcut has a custom "red enevelope" icon....