Windows 10: Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

Discus and support Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Gang, One laptop I have on the IP fast build, now on 14905.1000 has this issue. Click start, then click power, and blink, the start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RWOne, Aug 22, 2016.

1. RWOne Win User

Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

Hello Gang,

One laptop I have on the IP fast build, now on 14905.1000 has this issue.

Click start, then click power, and blink, the start menu just closes, no options given for shutdown.

The options above for settings and file explorer work just fine, left or right click.

Any thoughts?

Workaround has been to cntrl-alt-del and use power button from there to shutdown or restart system.

:)

RWOne, Aug 22, 2016

2. Power icon Windows 10 not working

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few weeks ago. Everything seemed to be working fine until today when the power button stopped working. When I place the cursor on the power button in the start menu it no longer displays the options "Restart" "Shut
    Down" etc. Nothing happens when the cursor is on the power button. If I right click or left click on the power button the start menu disappears displaying only the desktop and nothing else happens.

I cannot turn off the computer without holding down the power button on the tower. The computer is a Dell XPS 8500.

GeorgeMeeks1963, Aug 22, 2016
  3. robtoe Win User
    Will someone please tell me how to find control panel in windows 10

FYI, this no longer works as of 15063.296.

Control Panel is no longer in the right-click-Start power menu.

robtoe, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

paulsalter, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Right Click the start button, is what others have suggested *Wink

As you are running the RS2 previews you might want to check our Insider Area ... Windows Insider - Windows 10 Forums for current status of builds etc.

Barman58, Aug 22, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    The one time I don't look at the release notes ....

RWOne, Aug 22, 2016
  7. This issue hit full force with 1703 and was not fixed with 1709. Does anyone have a fix yet?

ZiggyStardust, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000

1. Start menu power button no longer working - 14905.1000 - Similar Threads - Start menu power

2. Start Menu no longer working 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu no longer working 20H2: I updated my windows 10 Pro to version 20H2 this morning and now my start menu is no longer working. I have tried other accounts on the PC and they appear to be working fine, so it's just affecting my main account. Anyone experienced this or have a fix? Many thanks 169078
  3. Settings button no longer working from start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings button no longer working from start menu: After a recent update, the settings button no longer working, Bluetooth button no longer working. Can only add a device through the control panel....
  4. Start menu and Edge no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Edge no longer work: I initially installed KB4517389 without a problem. However, I coincidentally experienced problem with a Personal Cloud that I suspected could be due to the update and I uninstalled the update. The server problem turned out to be drive failure, and I reinstalled the update but...
  5. How to customize power button in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to customize power button in Start menu?: Hi everyone, In Windows 7 it was possible (pls see picture): [img] Several options were discontinued in Windows 10, but many remained, though invisible. Can anyone know what to do to set the key in "Start menu" from Disable (default) to Hibernate (default) in Windows 10...
  6. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  7. Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Hibernate" to Power button at Start menu: Hello, I followed the guide to enable Hibernate mode, but is there a way to show it in the Power options? all I can see now is "Sleep", "Shut down" and "Restart". Was I supposed to see "Hibernate" after following this guide:...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
  9. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Button/Start menu not working: When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked. I've...
  10. Start menu no longer works

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu no longer works: My Win10 Start menu no longer works with my main user account. It still works under other user logins. It doesn't open whether I hit the Windows key or if I click the Start button. Any clues? 17088