Windows 10: Start Menu problem - fixed.

Discus and support Start Menu problem - fixed. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just found a solution to a problem I had with the start menu in 10130 and thought I'd post it here in case others are having the same problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenC, Jun 8, 2015.

1. kenC Win User

Start Menu problem - fixed.

I've just found a solution to a problem I had with the start menu in 10130 and thought I'd post it here in case others are having the same problem.
    This morning there was nothing I could do to open the start menu - tried everything.
    Then I remembered that last night I turned off some options in Personalisation - Start.
    Things like 'Occasionally Show App content' - 'Display recently opened programs' etc.
    Anyway, I wondered if that could have affected anything so I went back and turned those back on - closed settings and then hit start menu and it opened first time! Must be a bug. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

:)

kenC, Jun 8, 2015

2. fix start menu

this is the error I get when running troubleshooter
    Start Menu problem - fixed. [​IMG]

Riley Bielby, Jun 8, 2015
  3. fix start menu

the computer is a hp pavilion g6 2102au the build is 15063 windows 10 creators update and sync is turned on

Riley Bielby, Jun 8, 2015
  4. badrobot Win User

Thanks for sharing.

badrobot, Jun 8, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

6. AlanWade Win User
    How did you get the Settings screen opened?

EDIT
    Win + I did the trick and thanks for the Start Menu fix.

AlanWade, Jun 9, 2015
  7. kenC Win User
    Glad it helped. I had settings pinned to the taskbar.

kenC, Jun 9, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

I think Settings is also in one of the Ribbons in File Explorer.

Edwin, Jun 9, 2015
  9. The Notification and Action Center is another place you can launch All Settings.

Slartybart, Jun 9, 2015
  10. Can you tell me how to do this.

3312borden, Jun 10, 2015
  11. Use one of the methods described above to launch Settings.
    Open Personalization
    Open Start
    toggle the top 3 switches on or off - then try to open Start
    If you still cannot open start, throw the switches the other way (if it was on ... turn it off, if it was off ... turn it on)

It might take more than one attempt ... and the "can't open start" might happen again.

Slartybart, Jun 10, 2015
  12. davehc Win User
    An easier way I found, even more puzzling, was to stop the search in the task manager and reboot. No more start menu problems thereafter.

davehc, Jun 10, 2015
  13. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .not just more puzzling, albeit totally. . .*Confused

Thema:

1. Start Menu problem - fixed. - Similar Threads - Start Menu problem

2. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu problem: Start menu only shows half of the image of each apps. It will not show anything and sometimes it will not function. I restart the PC maybe it will help but nothing. I run virus scan maybe Im affected by something, but nothing is detected. I need to make if functionable....
  3. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  4. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu problem: Hi! Just got windows 10 pro. My start menu isn't how I want it to be, I want to make it have the shut down button and other stuff like: control panel, this pc, user etc. on the right side instead of the left, just like Windows 7 had! My brother has it that way on his laptop...
  5. Start Menu Problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Problem.: Hey. Last night my laptop got a malware and I decided to use HitmanPro and Adwcleaner to cleaned it up. After that, everytime I restarting/turning on my laptop, I always get a message like this: 1. Fatal error: failed to execute script electrum Note: I never used electrum...
  6. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  7. Start menu FIX

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu FIX: I installed build 10130 then the start menu bugged and tried every solotion i saw from posts but would not work. What worked when i went into Settings -> Personalization -> Start and toggled on / off Use full-screen start when in the taskbar. Toggle it on the click start to...
  8. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem: Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?...
  9. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067
  10. start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu problem: [img] just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size 2366