Windows 10: Start menu problem

Discus and support Start menu problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by legadema, Oct 21, 2016.

1. legadema Win User

Start menu problem

Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?
    [youtube]It4kBi77aW4[/youtube]

Start menu problem [​IMG]

:)

legadema, Oct 21, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Problem with Start Menu.

i have looked this much ahead. it doesn't work.

Bimal Kanti Shuklabaidya, Oct 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Start menu problem

Any third party software installed for tweaking the desktop the way that you want it.

bro67, Oct 21, 2016
  5. legadema Win User
    Thank you for replay i uninstalled latest nvidia driver 375.57 ,installed previous 373.06 and problem is gone just now ,but i doubt that it's driver issue , i used Display Driver Uninstaller because i wanted clean driver installation,maybe problem was there with this uninstaller ,or someone will report issue with latest nvidia driver...

legadema, Oct 21, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    That would have done it. Make sure that Windows Updates do not try and install the latest drivers also. You have to go into System in the Control Panel to make that change.

bro67, Oct 21, 2016
  7. My computer started doing the exact same thing last night after the NVidia driver install, I was going to post about it but saw your thread. I'll try your fix when I get home from work tonight. Hopefully it fixes it like it did for you!

holtzmanator, Oct 21, 2016
  8. legadema Win User

Start menu problem

Yes, try with 373.06 driver it solved the problem on desktop pc and laptop as well...

legadema, Oct 21, 2016
  9. Ratbone Win User
    I've had the exact same problem My start menu got messed up and I had to do a system restore to get things back to normal. I then reinstalled the Nvidia 375.57 and the same thing happened again . I re-did the system restore and did not re-install the driver. all ok now.

Ratbone, Oct 21, 2016
  10. legadema Win User
    I didn't need to to do system restore ,i just completely removed latest nvidia driver with Display Driver Uninstaller (in safe mode ) and installed 373.06 driver and problem was gone...I am just curious if it is driver problem or it is something with third party software in my case ( ​ Display Driver Uninstaller ) like bro67 said , but i will skip new nvida driver for now *Biggrin

legadema, Oct 21, 2016
  11. Ratbone Win User
  12. XweAponX Win User
    It's better to not use those crapapps. Just open Device Manager from This PC>Right Click>Manage>Device Manager, pull up the Display Device, Press "Drivers" and choose "Roll Back Driver". That will fix it without installing any potential virus-strewn "Driver Updater" app, of which most of those are infected.

XweAponX, Oct 22, 2016
  13. Nabby Win User

Start menu problem

You're a lifesaver! I did a rollback and everything started working again instantly. Thank you so much!

Nabby, Oct 22, 2016
  14. legadema Win User
    Just to report that this problem does not persist on latest nvidia driver ,today release 375.63

legadema, Oct 22, 2016
  15. Nabby Win User
    Thanks for that. I didn't expect an update quite so quickly after discovering the problem.

Nabby, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

Start menu problem

1. Start menu problem - Similar Threads - Start menu problem

2. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu problem: Start menu only shows half of the image of each apps. It will not show anything and sometimes it will not function. I restart the PC maybe it will help but nothing. I run virus scan maybe Im affected by something, but nothing is detected. I need to make if functionable....
  3. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu problem: Start menu only shows half of the image of each apps. It will not show anything and sometimes it will not function. I restart the PC maybe it will help but nothing. I run virus scan maybe Im affected by something, but nothing is detected. I need to make if functionable....
  4. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  5. Problem with Start menue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Start menue.: Probably after an update, when I want to shut down I get a Critical Error message that the Start Menu does not work. I have to push the Power button to shut down.It says it will be fixed the next time I sign on, but it does not. 3 days now it is still not working.I welcome...
  6. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu problem: Hi! Just got windows 10 pro. My start menu isn't how I want it to be, I want to make it have the shut down button and other stuff like: control panel, this pc, user etc. on the right side instead of the left, just like Windows 7 had! My brother has it that way on his laptop...
  7. Start Menu Problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Problem.: Hey. Last night my laptop got a malware and I decided to use HitmanPro and Adwcleaner to cleaned it up. After that, everytime I restarting/turning on my laptop, I always get a message like this: 1. Fatal error: failed to execute script electrum Note: I never used electrum...
  8. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  9. Start menu problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problems: [img] Anyone know how to fix this start menu? 76067
  10. start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu problem: [img] just installed windows 10 preview as a virtual pc. i click start menu and a short menu comes up. how can i expand this to normal size 2366