Windows 10: Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after...

Discus and support Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with Windows 10 after joining into a domain. I googled it and found some questions(20-30), which were very similar to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EduardKiyko, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after...

Hello, I have an issue with Windows 10 after joining into a domain. I googled it and found some questions(20-30), which were very similar to my issue(Windows 10 joins into Active Directory domain with Server 2012, Server 2012R2, or Server 2016(as in my case), and Start menu, search and some other apps were inactive), I didn't found any good solution, that really would work.

But okay, let's go back to my case. A few months ago I had that issue with AD domain, consisted of Windows 2012 R2 Server and Windows 10. When I was logging into a domain account on Windows 10, Start menu, search weren't working(changes color on hover but will do nothing else). Windows 7 was in that domain too, and everything on Windows 7 was ok.

Then I installed new machines on my server(Server 2016 and Windows 10 Education), both licensed and updated. I created AD domain on my 2016 Server and joined Windows 10 into that domain. After several reboots on Windows 10 Start menu, cortana, Mozilla Firefox and some other gui apps stopped working(the same issue) on domain account. When I logging in Windows 10 with a local account everything works fine, so I am sure, that problem is in domain(specifically in Windows 10 after joining domain with Server 2012 R2 or Server 2016). After some time of googling, I have a hypothesis, that problem is in default configs of Windows applocker, but I am not sure. Some people think, that Applocker in Windows AD works with old configuration files and can block some new Windows GUI options(just like start menu or cortana), because with older versions of Windows everything works fine(again, I user Windows 7 in my previous). So it took me one week to make more deep research on that issue and I found nothing.

It would be nice if Microsoft would fix their Newest Desktop OS to work properly in an AD domain environment. I am really tired of burning time on this stupid issue. Customers really want to use their computers, people(and I) buy licensed OS and can not use it normally. Right Microsoft?

:)

EduardKiyko, Jul 23, 2018

2. Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after joining into a domain.

Hello, I have an issue with Windows 10 after joining into a domain. I googled it and found some questions(20-30), which were very similar to my issue(Windows 10 joins into Active Directory domain with Server 2012, Server 2012R2, or Server 2016(as in my case),
    and Start menu, search and some other apps were inactive), I didn't found any good solution, that really would work.

But okay, let's go back to my case. A few months ago I had that issue with AD domain, consisted of Windows 2012 R2 Server and Windows 10. When I was logging into a domain account on Windows 10, Start menu, search weren't working(changes color on hover but
    will do nothing else). Windows 7 was in that domain too, and everything on Windows 7 was ok.

Then I installed new machines on my server(Server 2016 and Windows 10 Education), both licensed and updated. I created AD domain on my 2016 Server and joined Windows 10 into that domain. After several reboots on Windows 10 Start menu, cortana, Mozilla Firefox
    and some other gui apps stopped working(the same issue) on domain account. When I logging in Windows 10 with a local account everything works fine, so I am sure, that problem is in domain(specifically in Windows 10 after joining domain with Server 2012 R2
    or Server 2016). After some time of googling, I have a hypothesis, that problem is in default configs of Windows applocker, but I am not sure. Some people think, that Applocker in Windows AD works with old configuration files and can block some new Windows
    GUI options(just like start menu or cortana), because with older versions of Windows everything works fine(again, I user Windows 7 in my previous). So it took me one week to make more deep research on that issue and I found nothing.

It would be nice if Microsoft would fix their Newest Desktop OS to work properly in an AD domain environment. I am really tired of burning time on this stupid issue. Customers really want to use their computers, people(and I) buy licensed OS and can not
    use it normally. Right Microsoft?

EduardKiyko, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2018
  4. scevism Win User

Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after...

scevism, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after...

1. Start menu, search and some other apps don`t working on Windows 10 in domain account after... - Similar Threads - Start menu search

2. Microsoft Store and other Microsoft Apps don´t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and other Microsoft Apps don´t open: After I uninstalled HP Smart app using the Revo Uninstaller, I noticed, that the Photos app didn´t open. I uninstalled it thinking I could just reinstall it via Microsoft Store which also doesn´t open. I already tried reseting Microsoft Store and the Apps with Powershell...
  3. Microsoft Store and other Microsoft Apps don´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and other Microsoft Apps don´t open: After I uninstalled HP Smart app using the Revo Uninstaller, I noticed, that the Photos app didn´t open. I uninstalled it thinking I could just reinstall it via Microsoft Store which also doesn´t open. I already tried reseting Microsoft Store and the Apps with Powershell...
  4. login options don´t work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login options don´t work: I would like to ask about the possibility of logging in to Windows hello. Only login with the PIN and fingerprint that I entered when logging in for the first time works. However, if I want to add another fingerprint or unlock the face, it tells me: Something went wrong, try...
  5. login options don´t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    login options don´t work: I would like to ask about the possibility of logging in to Windows hello. Only login with the PIN and fingerprint that I entered when logging in for the first time works. However, if I want to add another fingerprint or unlock the face, it tells me: Something went wrong, try...
  6. login options don´t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Some folders don`t appear on prompt command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some folders don`t appear on prompt command: Hi, Some folders on my desktop don`t appear on prompt command though I can see them on my desktop and in explorer .It appears they are on One Drive but I can`t access them from prompt command and it`s driving me insane. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you...
  8. Start menu will not work after joining domain.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu will not work after joining domain.: As the title say the Start Menu will not work on accounts that are part of the domain. If I go to the local admin or local user I am able to use the start menu without any problems. This will only happen to this specific brand/model of laptop as every other device on the...
  9. start menu and other apps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  10. Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button and some others wont work after creating new account: In windows 10 on a surface pro my work administrator added a new admin account for work. on the original account the start menu works fine. When I log into the work account I have no start menu or search function. He tried some of the fixes out on the web to no success. Can...